Heads Up... 2013 SZ Regular Season Timing

Cabin Fever

Was starting to think ahead and looking at the calendar for vacation planning this fall. Looks like SZ regular season will open on Nov. 16th (3rd Saturday in Nov.) and Thanksgiving won't be until Nov. 28th. Just thought I'd mention it for those that usually plan on taking Mon-Wed. off after the opener as vacation, and then having Thurs & Fri off as holiday, to get the whole week off. So, if ya want the whole opening week off, plan on needing a couple extra vacation days this year...

As time has went on, I've taken less time in regular season and more in bow.

I'm still going to take a day or two for regular season.

Same for me. I use to take the first week off, since it only burned up 3 days vacation, but for the past 2 years, I haven't taken any vacation time during the regular season. I take ~5 weeks off during the 6 week long bow season instead!  B)

My camp is right on my way home from work, plus I have very flexible hours, so I can still be in the woods and hunting everyday by noon, if I want to.

Edited by Cabin Fever

I officially retired from my job last Friday, on the advice of my doctor cause of the cancer, surgery and everything that's happened the last 11 months. So this year I'm going to take advantage of the time (couldn't hunt last season) and enjoy as much time as I can in the woods this year. Can;t wait!!

• Like 2

I officially retired from my job last Friday, on the advice of my doctor cause of the cancer, surgery and everything that's happened the last 11 months. So this year I'm going to take advantage of the time (couldn't hunt last season) and enjoy as much time as I can in the woods this year. Can;t wait!!

I'm sure you will!

As time has went on, I've taken less time in regular season and more in bow.

I'm still going to take a day or two for regular season.

I agree , bow season is where it's at! Lot more action n less people in the woods ( for us public hunters) felt like I had the woods to myself during bow which is a switch from fl archery with every Tom dick n Harry out there runnin around with there buggy's ...