Muck vs Lacrosse boots

Hey.  Im looking to get new boots.  These are the two brands I keep hearing are best. Anybody have experience with any of them.  Im looking for something not too heavy, waterproof and preferably something that can deal with cold weather.  The boots I use for deer hunting right now feel like they are 10 lbs each.

I was in the same boat last summer, looking for a good pair of boots. Did a lot of research and reading reviews, and ended up buying a pair of Muck Arctic Pro Camo Extreme boots. Hunted with them all last season, bow and gun, and really like them. No complaints! They are rated down to -60 below, but even during bow, my feet never got hot, so they were very comfortable. They're not a heavy clunky boot either. Much more lightweight and comfortable than my last boots. I'll probably invest in another pair soon for my son.

These are the boots, $139 with free shipping.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Muck-Arctic-Pro-Camo-Professional-Extreme-Hunting-Boots-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-/310585512957

LaCrosse   years ago only because they were one of the few around. I have a pair of Muck Boots,not the barn type the ones with a an agressive thread Much lighter and warmer. Both are Not insulated.Do Not wear them for hunting.I carry a back pack with my well insulated clothing and insulated Pack Boots, with extra sock liners and Wool socks.I wear light clothing and hikeing type sneakers to get to where I am going,take the light weight stuff off and put the insulated clothing on.I have sat in tree stands at below 0 degrees with strong winds for hours many times.

I have the muck woody elite.  I really like them.  Not to heavy and my feet stayed warm with a decent pair of carhart arctic socks.  I hunt a lot of wetlands and these definitely stay dry.  The only complaint I have is that the neoprene does tend to tear at times if caught on thorns.  That said, no leaks and I suspect they will last 3 seasons.  They run true to size and even with the socks, my normal shoe size was good.  I wear a EEE shoe and the regular size are wide enough.

Lacrosse are a bit narrow and tighter over the top of the foot. I use the Muck Artic and last year picked up Cabela's Duratrax on sale for $79 which is a steal just as warm and comfortable as the Mucks and I am partial to the warranty on their brand. Most of these boots are around 3-5lbs a boot but didnt notice it when walking. As with all rubber, they do keep sweat inside so make sure you try them on with your anticipated sock layer.

I have worn LaCrosse Boots for nearly twenty years, good arch support kept my feet warm and dry. With Burly type boots which are nearly knee high I use different socks for the different temperatures Carhartt regular boot sock and Arctic weight for the extra cold  temps. I did try on a pair of Muck Boots I didn't like the way they slid on and off.

I have a pair of Lacrosse boots that must be closing in on 15 years old now. They're not really cold weather boots but they are good for early to mid archery season. They are still water proof, with zero tares but they are starting to get small cracks on the top of the ankle. I should be able to get a few more seasons out of them.

• 2 months later...

I have always used Lacrosse 1 have 1 pair of their ICEMAN pac boot Warmest boot ever, just not a walking boot. The Lacrosse 800 is a nice boot with cleat sole. I have the Lacrosse OD with tractor sole, never get wet in either and The 800 is a good stand boot for winter also. I have 3 pairs of the New Lacrosse Mudlites in different weights, also bought my son these for Bow hunting. Very lite and fit nice. I like the line of Lacrosse due to the ankle fit, never sprained an ankle nice solid support. All are sent proof except those Icemans. If I was you go with an 800-1000 if sitting posted in winter and walking in snow, Iceman use to be -40 or more below 0 if just ice fishing and stand hunting they will keep warm. All around winter hunting Deer upland and running hounds sitting walking running the 800 is the boot to go with.I think it this way they never let me down so why buy another brand, take a beaten and still work.