The product testing/ serious prep phase...

josephmrtn

If you can get a smaller carabiner, you can lower the bow via the dloop. by doing that, if you aren't setting it up so the bow stops off the ground, you can control the way the bow lays down by using the dloop and the stabilizer. Some people like to lay the bow down on the arrow/quiver side to prevent the bow from sitting on muck. Others like to avoid laying it down on the arrows...but, by doing that, you have a choice.

If possible, I like tieing off so neither touches the ground. Not always possible with mobile set-ups.

If you can get a smaller carabiner, you can lower the bow via the dloop. by doing that, if you aren't setting it up so the bow stops off the ground, you can control the way the bow lays down by using the dloop and the stabilizer. Some people like to lay the bow down on the arrow/quiver side to prevent the bow from sitting on muck. Others like to avoid laying it down on the arrows...but, by doing that, you have a choice.

If possible, I like tieing off so neither touches the ground. Not always possible with mobile set-ups.

I tie around the handle, this allows me to set it down like you described, probably a bad idea to have it touch down on the cam.......also, metal to metal always has the potential to create noise.

Honestly Joe, I don't think I would use that heavy rope.  pain to move around  A little paracord is all you need and I agree on the electrical tape.

its actually only about 1/4 rope

WOW never thought of that

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

Joe,

This is what I do. I use a rope just a tad bigger than paracord. No for the strength but just easier for me to handle and pull up. I pull up my backpack and bow in one motion. I don't like climbing with my back especially my bowhunting pack becasue it is my quiver as well.

good idea... i was gonna have the bow and pack together but that is a good idea

When you pull your bow up have the top of the quiver coming up 1st . Otherwise , you might have your arrows snag on something .

For pull up cords , I sometimes use the cords that come with the ladder stands . They are black and are strong . I sometimes leave them at the stands and let them smell like the area or Fresh Earth .

Here is what I do. I use para cord with a plastic clip. A trick I learned at work, we use rope bags to store and deploy ropes, you clip one End of the rope to the bag and feed the rope in hand over hand, then clip the other end to the top of the bag. This keeps it from tangling and one just throws the bag to deploy tangle free.

Now on my pack , I use the water bottle "pocket", clip one end to the cord closer and feed the para cord in and clip the end to the closer. Now when I get to the stand I clip that end to the bow and climb up, the cord deploys tangle free as I climb .

This works well for me, I don't leave a cord hanging for each stand as I have many stands and also use a climber .

more tests this eve...

I took off that first ring because i figured all its gonna do is make noise and i dont need it...

also tried out several methods of pack/bow configuration... the best seems to be pack hanging right with bow opposite side from quiver...

NEW and IMPROVED!!! LOL

post-2634-0-00463300-1376961449_thumb.jp

post-2634-0-68118600-1376961460_thumb.jp

post-2634-0-48988300-1376961466_thumb.jp

post-2634-0-22986200-1376961476_thumb.jp

post-2634-0-82596400-1376961541_thumb.jp

post-2634-0-57100000-1376961550_thumb.jp

post-2634-0-51720600-1376961557_thumb.jp

easiest method of storing rope for easy untangling at 5am

post-2634-0-09478100-1376961564_thumb.jp

post-2634-0-92759400-1376961570_thumb.jp

I have the same harness... Love it! Good luck this season joe!

Thanks! i just bought it (havnt worn a harness the past couple yrs) i told mom it is worth the money to buy a good/comfortable one if it gets me to wear it! 

I had a treestand fall once... actually the treestand fell not me lol

Edited by josephmrtn