Fast Eddie's Fables

fasteddie

Sat in a stand in Pittsford on West Bloomfield road from 3:30 to 6:30 . Legal sundown was 6:11 . Wanted to see if anything would come out when it started to get dark . Didn't see a thing and it was a spot where I had seen quite a few bucks a couple of weeks ago . The wind was blowing right in my face and it was cold . There's always another day .

Shot a practice arrow this am at 25 yards. It looked to be right on. Later when I got down I couldn't find the arrow. Every thing on the ground looked the same. I got out my range finder and did a reverse look op from the line of fire. When I was at 25 yards I looked down in the high grass and was able to spot the Nock and some fetching. Those range finders are great.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sunset was at 6:07 and I got out of the stand at 5:55 . Had enough for one day . Spooked 2 deer picking up my scent wicks and spooked 2 more walking up the lane way . All in all , I saw 6 anterless deer today . Saw 4 more when driving down Lima Road . 

I was planning on hunting in either Mendon or South Bristol tomorrow with my youngest son but we cancelled out . Mendon is forecasted for rain a good part of the am . South Bristol is forecasted for rain in the early am ( 7 am ) and the wind will be from the south west which is bad for our stand locations . I guess i'll be back out Monday . Still waiting for my 1st shot of the Season . 

Drove to Geneseo . Was in my pod blind by 6:15 . Had a doe and 2 young ones show up around 7:30 . They milled around for about 15 minutes at 70 yards and headed into the thick stuff . Left the stand at 9:30 figuring it was equal to 10:30 last week's time . The Cock Pheasant flew past my blind and landed in the field . 

The Genesee Valley Hunt was supposed to chase fox at the "Bottoms" and figured they might drive some deer my way but they hunted North instead so I wasted a lot of time being in a stand and seeing nothing . My back was killing me from sitting in the ladder stand so long . Saw a red fox at 3:30 and at 4:30 there were to anterless deer in the adjacent field about 300 yards away . Those Bushnell Binos are great . Watched a hawk strafing the field and it almost seemed like it was trying to antagonize the deer . Kinda funny ! 

Drove to Geneseo . Was in my pod blind by 6:15 . Had a doe and 2 young ones show up around 7:30 . They milled around for about 15 minutes at 70 yards and headed into the thick stuff . Left the stand at 9:30 figuring it was equal to 10:30 last week's time . The Cock Pheasant flew past my blind and landed in the field . 

The Genesee Valley Hunt was supposed to chase fox at the "Bottoms" and figured they might drive some deer my way but they hunted North instead so I wasted a lot of time being in a stand and seeing nothing . My back was killing me from sitting in the ladder stand so long . Saw a red fox at 3:30 and at 4:30 there were to anterless deer in the adjacent field about 300 yards away . Those Bushnell Binos are great . Watched a hawk strafing the field and it almost seemed like it was trying to antagonize the deer . Kinda funny ! 

They hunted our place this week, on Wednesday. A couple of the guys hunted while they were there and saw alot of deer, but no opportunities at them. I get all kinds of trail cam pics and videos of the hounds running around.

Going to hunt in South Bristol tomorrow morning with two of my son . It will be a i cold with a light breeze blowing in our faces .

My foot should feel better by then . Over a wee ago , when it was cold , I had put on a pair of socks and then applied HotHands Insole Foot Warmers to my socks and then put on another pair of socks . They didn't feel that warm but apparently enough to burn the bottom of my feet and leave blisters . Still sore but better . It will be a long walk down hill and probably have to walk sideways as it is steep and slippery . Kinda rough being old !  My youngest son and I will be hunting with compounds . My oldest son will be using his new cross bow instead of his recurve . Here's hoping it turns out to be a productive day !

• Like 1

Going to hunt in South Bristol tomorrow morning with two of my son . It will be a i cold with a light breeze blowing in our faces .

My foot should feel better by then . Over a wee ago , when it was cold , I had put on a pair of socks and then applied HotHands Insole Foot Warmers to my socks and then put on another pair of socks . They didn't feel that warm but apparently enough to burn the bottom of my feet and leave blisters . Still sore but better . It will be a long walk down hill and probably have to walk sideways as it is steep and slippery . Kinda rough being old !  My youngest son and I will be hunting with compounds . My oldest son will be using his new cross bow instead of his recurve . Here's hoping it turns out to be a productive day !

Very surprised Foot warmers actually burned your feet even put on outside of socks and all too. Have fun and good luck with your sons.

Very surprised Foot warmers actually burned your feet even put on outside of socks and all too. Have fun and good luck with your sons.

I had them between 2 layers of socks . I had used them outside of 2 layers the week before with no problem except that weren't that warm . 

Never had a problem using the Toe Warmers . 

Met 2 of my sons at a spot in South Bristol and we hunted along a couple of gullies . Matt and I were on the North side and Nick was on the south side . Matt was 100+ yards down the hill from me . He said there were 10 turkeys roosting in the tree next to him and the flew across the gully . He saw 2 different bucks but nothing close enough to shoot with his cross bow .

I wasn't seeing anything ! At 9:18 , I got a text from Nick ... "Buck down" . He had put out a couple of scent sticks which drew the buck in . He saw a doe and 2 fawns headed his way after shooting the buck but when they got a whiff of the scent sticks , they took off . A fairly good size 10 point but the tines weren't very big in diameter . A 10 point no less . Around 10:30 Matt and I headed over to help Nick get the deer out of the gully . Matt and Nick dragged it on the sled but it still was a chore . Once out of the gully , they got the other land owners permission to drive down in the field and get the deer . We were looking it over and noticed some ticks . So , they spent some time pulling them off of the deer . They left to head back to Honeoye Falls to take care of the deer and told me that if I stayed and got a deer to call and they would come back .

Around 3:45 , I saw 5 anter less across the small gully along the edge of the grassy field . They headed south rather than come my way . Later I saw 3 more . I left the stand at 4:30 . Got to the car and called to let the boys know that they were off the hook and didn't have to return . On the way out I spotted two bucks . So it wasn't an uneventful day after all but ........ I hate getting up at 3 in the morning ! 

• Like 3