Is this the weekend??!

mossy725

I spent this entire last weekend in the woods, and saw A LOT of activity on Saturday evening. One buck tearing up trees, making scrapes, snort wheezing, another one with his nose on the ground, grunting.

After this warm weather, and the cold front moving in, will this be the 'hot' weekend in the woods? It appears to be so!

I think this weekend shows alot of promise, and next week as well.  Did some scouting after work yesterday and found a new scrape a new rub line, and my mock scrape was tore up pretty good.  Checked the trail cam and there is a couple different bucks moving through the area looking like they are on a mission.  May be about time to bring out the bleat call.

i dont know about "THE" weekend but we are deff close to that time.. only one way to find out and thats get out there and put some time in. different places will produce different results. Wish you luck!!

i have been watching deer movement every week here by me, should be entering a seeking phase soon and i hope to start seeing some big boys in the day. i have alot of buck on cam but not much in the day yet...

i'd say with the dip in the temps on friday we should see some decent movement during the day.  Not to mention its halloween weekend, one of the best times to be in the woods!

Anybody ever hear of ghost bucks?  LOL  I know it sounds far fetched but I read a story in a NAHC book where 3 guys shot big bucks in Mich.  on Halloween.  The deer they shot were never even seen before these encounters. 

I live in a condo and my unit is always hot.I do not complain, in the dead of winter I have to leave the windows open.But too much heat I won't complain about.So yesterday I had the ac on.

i had an apt where in the dead of winter id have to open a window or too for a bit, especially if i was cooking... got really hot, it was nice and cozy most of the time. when i bought my house i installed a pellet stove so we run that in the winter.

anyways, bring on the cold weather!!  :)

Well last night I went to my spot even though we had high winds,I was hoping for a calm last hour. Well during daylight in high winds in an open hay field I had a large 8pt go by looking like he was on a mission .

An hour later I had  a buck grunting and chasing a doe.

This Am a buck chased two doe out of the woods into a field.

So yes I would get out there !