NAHC members

lostkause

New to the forum just wondering how many NAHC members ut there and where are you from?

I am a life member currently living in the fort drum area. I mainly hunt the 6h 6g and 6k area in th northern zone the southern zone for me is usually 7a however i am trying tho venture into the 8f area. I have been out of NY for about 9 yrs now due to the Army but stationed back home and loving it. Although it sucks how much you forget of an area in 9 yrs. I am still trying to find the great hunting spots again.

Welcome to the forum.

Former nahc member for 2 years. I hate to break it to ya, but then again perhaps you already know - NAHC is not a hunting club, it is a selling club. Their mag is a blatent advertising platform and they push cheap tools at "X" markup plus other publications they assume you'll buy. Not to mention your membership is rewarded by a cheap sticker that fades in 2 months and a 25 cent trinket.

Doesn't make you a bad guy though.  :-\

I somehow became a member a long time ago.  Never paid any dues, but somehow was made a member.  I had absolutely NO reason to renew the membership once my freebie year was done.  They send you stuff without you asking for it and expect you to pay for it or else you have to waste your time and money sending it back.  A complete waste of an organization in my opinion.  They make hunters think they are members of some reputable organization when in fact they are nothing but a book/gadget of the month club.  I amazed that they are still kicking after all these years!

I have been a NAHC member for years but I sure as heck am not dedicated to them . They try to get members by their Testing Products of which I have done a couple times for cheap items . A few years back they would send books which I sent back and tried to charge me for them . I didn't order any and returned them . I had to send them a couple letters . I check their site maybe once a week now . Got a few folks to come over from there .

I'm a Lifer in the NAHC since 1988.  Back then it really was a hunting club and I tested lots of good stuff I still have.  Later they got absorbed by a big corporation and now I believe the Brits own them.  But as a lifer, I'm still a member.  I like the magazine for life and the website forum is still good.

I hunt in 4P.

I used to be a member a few years ago and then managed to not pay the dues.  I'm really considering joining again.  I agree with the magazines that they are a bunch of advertisments but there is some good reads in them.  And all those books they send you....  I bought a couple of them and I love them.  Some information in them new and some I already knew.  Either way I enjoyed them and they certaintly beat a college text book LOL. ;D .  I hunt CNY and WNY.  Depends if I"m home or at school!

• 2 weeks later...

My father is a member and i've noticed the same thing, sending you pointless coins that you must pay to send back. However i do enjoy the magazine and have tested some decent stuff like a $70 knife sharpener, I even believe my father has been given two nice leather jackets for free. But i believe the second was on accident....not complaining though.

I have been a life member since 91. Back then it was great, I've tested many things back then. They would send you VHS tapes with crappy hunting, would ALWAYS send back. They eventually stop sending you stuff. I still enjoy the magazine and the website (even though they keep changing it).

I have been a lifer since 1995... got to "test" a kids hunting book...I have a buddy that has tested binos, and scents and a hunting jacket.... I like the Mag... they never contact me or bother me at all.

Ya the first thing we got to "test" were stickers that were camo that you were supposed to stick on your face instead of a headnet.

I have been a lifer since 1995... got to "test" a kids hunting book...I have a buddy that has tested binos, and scents and a hunting jacket.... I like the Mag... they never contact me or bother me at all.

Ya the first thing we got to "test" were stickers that were camo that you were supposed to stick on your face instead of a headnet.

LOL...i can just picture not having shaved.....ripping those things off ??? ???

hey culver creek.  i bought a piece of property in 7R recently.  this is my third season hunting it.  i'm near the tuller hill forest.  if you don't mind me asking, what area are you in and how is the hunting, in general?  i got a nice eight pointer in the pouring rain on opening day of gun season two years ago- the first day hunting the property.  since then, it's been okay.  bow season has been slow.  i'm curious to know how the hunting in the area has been over the years.  thanks.

I am up by the Beaver Dam State Forest, kind of between Marathon and Lisle. The hunting has been OK. The bucks are a little harder to come by but we are on a hill...the valleys are AG lands and when the corn is standing it can be a slow go. I have high hopes this year becasue everything within a 2 mile radius is all harvested. SHould help our cause. We have had it for 5 years now and we have seen some good bucks but haven't connected with them yet. I know the area produces some realllllly nice ones and they have been taken right adjacent to our property. We have taken more does than bucks besides our regular DMP's we get DMAP's from the timber company we lease from.

Good luck and I hope the season produces for you.

culver creek.  thanks and good luck to you too.  we've seen bucks- and a good few rubs.  my partner missed an eight pointer last year and i have plenty of trail cam photos of some decent bucks, mostly younger looking bucks.  i passed on a few young bucks and does last year.  i'm in virgil, exit 10 off 81.

• 1 month later...

Joined in March of 95,LM. Recieved a super nice Pentax midsize binocs that are not cheap. They tried the book thing on me...just sent them back on thier dime. I did buy a jacket that I liked,some cordless tools that work just fine and even got to test and keep camo TP! LOL

I have tested a few other items like a nice camo chair that I love and still use. I bought the cheapo knife set in the green plastic case and use them knives daily in the kitchen....they work well and I really like the handles. They also sent me a new brand(at the time) bag of deer attractant feed....which I cant (and won't) use legally for hunting,but out of season,the squirrels liked it alot. I agree that there are alot of ads in the magazine,but all mags have them....that's how they make $ and $ is the bottom line don't ya think? There are great articles in it and I find it to be a good read....and I get it for life. I think I paid ~$350 for LM. Not too long ago they needed more $ so I upgraded to the TLM just because it may give a slighter advantage to other things and it gave a good deal on topo maps,Cabelas discounts a new hat,large patch etc. Oh,can't forget the box full of 2 cent key rings I have accumulated. ;) Overall I am satisfied.

I have been a life member since some time in the 80's. It was better before they got bought out. I have tested a number of items including a CVA muzzleloader. Also got the free leather jacket so it well paid for itself. I still like the magazine as well. I used to like the forum a lot then they changed it and it got super slow so I did not go back.