Anyone heading to their Hunting area this weekend? (Halloween Weekend)

burmjohn

Doc mentioned that he envies you guys who go to camp.  Although I think that would be fun, I don't envy you.

Yeah, but when you take a look at some of the great camps that some of these guys have got with the rustic setting and the lack of all the distractions of home life, you have to admit that there has to be something special about packing up all the gear and heading out to camp for some time that is purely set aside and devoted to hunting and nothing else. Add to that the comraderie of a bunch of fellow hunters, and it all becomes an "event" rather that just another day at home. At least that's the way I picture it all.

Yes, I do enjoy the convenience of hunting out of the house on land that I can scout year round any time I want strictly at a whim. But there are other benefits to life at a hunting camp that provide a unique hunting experience. My brother-in-law and I even built a cabin up on top of the hill years ago, about 3/4 mile from the house just to have the hunting camp experience. We used it for a bunch of years and it was great but he lives up in Canada and was re-assigned to the west and can't get down here anymore for hunting. So the cabin hasn't been used in quite a few years now. 

Doc

I plan on hunting all day fri and sat  and sun morn.  temps are droppin for sure but the damn wind is pickin up again.  It seems like the wind doesnt blow much during the week while im at work but, every weekend since season opened it has.  Bein in the woods is waaaay better than being at work wind or not!!

I plan on hunting all day fri and sat  and sun morn.  temps are droppin for sure but the damn wind is pickin up again.  It seems like the wind doesnt blow much during the week while im at work but, every weekend since season opened it has.  Bein in the woods is waaaay better than being at work wind or not!!

ive noticed that too, theres dead calm days when i go outside during break but that luck doesnt seem to follow me in thw woods... it has been crazy windy, one of the windiest season i can remember. ill take alittle wind, i cant take the warmer weather for deer season...

Just the weekend unfortunately.  And I can't take any more days off this year either (I was just told!?!!, but I'll have a load of rollover from this year because of that)  Regardless, I still want to try to get at least opening weekend Monday off of rifle, we shall see.