any estimates?.....

growalot

So pulled card on the way in today...and at first I thought great little guys......big boys  aren't showing...then this one popped up...any estimates rack ..age? ....I think he may be the one I saw crashing through 1/2mile away at the other stand last night...kind wish he wasn't on the cam now...will make not seeing or getting him that much worse...lol.....Hopefully I can avoid that!!

I think he is one of the bucks I took pics of in velvet that I posted in Sept or Aug.....not the drop tine though...nor that really wide monster...will be trying hard NOT to push him to someone else...one reason I didn't hunt as originally planned this am....Thanks...what do you guys think that rake would range?

Rarely do people under-estimate deer. This is one of them where people are. No way that thing is 3.5. Look where his legs join the body - it's like toothpicks holding up a watermelon. 3.5s aren't like that on their best day right before the rut.

He's a good one.

Edited by phade

Hey.... that work for me!...lol...I have no illusions to the fact I'll probably never see him during shooting hours...there is one thing I do know...he is rutty...for I think he's the one at the apple tree the other morning ...and he was rank...then when I walked through where he'd been in the opening I could smell him this morning...I'm hoping the wind is good and I'll be taking the decoy out with me tonight...here's hoping he is staying in a particular area...for if I do get a shot...I have better recovery chances if he runs... had two too many nice 8's taken on me.... <_<

Honestly we know he is a big deer but the picture quality is poor. We all know it's not a 2.5, anyone's guess after that.

I think otherwise, I think he's clearly 4.5 or older. I agree it's not the best pic, but the info is there to read imo.

A 3.5's legs would be in line with the width of his outer body lines...they are clearly tucked in, showing the wider brisket and belly. When bucks start to look abnormally stubby legged, they're getting up there in age. 3.5s are so clearly streamlined and this dude isn't.

He also has decent mass imo, but that has little to do with why I aged him at 4.5+.

You target 4.5s and up...so I'm saying you think that, too, lol.

Yes. It would be great to see another angle but from this pic I think he's at least 4. Rack wise, he has great brows but looks like maybe a lopsided 9. He has a decent frame. I think the 125-130 estimates are reasonable except those brow tines will add 6-8 extra inches. Because of that I think he could be 140ish. If both sides matched the left he could be 145-150. Based on this pic I'd shoot him without a doubt unless I got another pic that tells a different story...

• Like 1