Northern Zone rifle opener??? Anyone Hiking in?

njg0621

My buddy is taking me on a 4 mile hike into the Adirondacks this weekend.  We are backpacking in and sleeping in tents up near Tupper Lake.  It is my first time doing this and it's supposed to be 25deg at night with snow!!! This should be interesting! Don't expect to see anything but who knows might see the buck of a lifetime.  Anyone else plan on hiking in for the opening weekend of rifle anywhere? Usually I am bowhunting southern zone now but this year I shot an 8pt already so I figured why not.

• Like 2

I am doing a 4 day hunt hunt up near lake pleasant the second weekend in November but staying at a hotel.  Will be doing all day hunts though so packing lunch and snacks.  I've done winter camping before and ended up sleeping in the truck lol.  Too cold for me.

where is a good semi safe spot to hike in for a weekend hunt and campout in the northern zone?  I have a buddy of mine that is interested in doing so.  I have hand held gps etc I am sure so long as there is a trail I can trax my way back out.  I would love to break the rifle out and get in the woods with it I am dying to do so!  Thanks guys!

I am doing a 4 day hunt hunt up near lake pleasant the second weekend in November but staying at a hotel.  Will be doing all day hunts though so packing lunch and snacks.  I've done winter camping before and ended up sleeping in the truck lol.  Too cold for me.

Did you Book it with Riche's Hunting ? lol