Age and score?

Hock3y24

Well on out property we really shoot for a deer that has it's teeth worn to the gum line. If they are just about on the boarder of malnutrition the fat content really drops  and is much better for you to eat. You have to put a roast in the crock pot for two weeks to soften it up but there isn't much fat.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

Man, you guys are tough with aging these deer on this site I've noticed! I have shot a lot of deer and watch them all year... to me that is a 3 1/2 yr old deer based on body size. That is a large bodied deer!  The rack wouldn't score much, maybe 110 but it is still a nice deer.  I have to disagree with everyone saying 2 1/2, I would have to say 3 1/2.

• Like 1

What are you shooting for or considering success? 8.5 or 9.5?

I am not waiting to shoot him...lmao!  The damn thing dissapears as soon as hunting season comes around.  I have TRAIL CAMERA pics of him for the last 3 years.  he is a huge 150"+ 12 point (10 point with 2 kickers on his left). 

I don't shoot young deer that I know have lots of potential, but damn, i would definitely shoot a 3.5 year old mounter!!!

Here are the pictures of him from 2011, 2012 and 2013.  Disregard the time stamp on the last picture (that says January of 2011).  My batteries died and when i changed them, I forgot to reset the date and time.  That last picture is September 26, 2013 (couple weeks ago).post-1540-0-54314500-1383310679_thumb.jppost-1540-0-93715400-1383310779_thumb.jppost-1540-0-68126900-1383310979_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...