Video from yesterday, 4ptr responding to my bleat

burmjohn

Now if the monster 8 ptr that was sniffing the same area an hour before this guy did the same thing I'd be a happy camper right now!  The 8 ptr was hot on a does scent, so much so that it would not even lift his head when I hit the can and grunted.  This guy was different, once I realized it was a 4, I decided to video it and test the bleat again.  If you listen closely you will hear me breathing, plus the buck grunts 2 times :)

Thats why I bought a doe decoy this year that 8 might have come in for a look with a bleat decoy combo. add a lil scent and you got the whole package.  I blow threw the single hole in the bottom of the can it adds alot of volume and distance to the call.

i had a buck same size as in the video come marchin through the woods while in my ground blind.  he was 15 yds away downwind dunno how the dummy didnt wind me but he kept marchin on, i bleated with the can when he was about 30 yds away, didnt pay no attention to it what so ever.  then i rattled at him and same thing, just kept going on his way like i was a ghost or something haha

Great video!!

I killed the best buck of my life last year with a Primos bleat can. I actually got him to come closer to get a shot.

Ive had good luck with calls of all sorts.  But it really seems to be dependant on the area and time of season.  Ive had best luck rattling in early bow season. And it seems to me areas where the buck to doe ratio isnt all out whack seem better for calling.