GRD

Lawdwaz

Nice work, sweet grinder.

Ground my last 2 deer this weekend...I use my kitchenaid grinder with partially frozen trim.

post-1622-13841770563412_thumb.jpg

Got 16 pounds lean grd off the buck and 11 pounds of the big doe after a whole roast butcher process.

Earlier in the season I got 9 pounds off my second deer and only ground enough for a small batch of country sausage off the first button.

Made more sausage Friday and some meat sticks yesterday, topped it off with a fireplace grilled bottom round from the button last night...good eats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager

• 1 month later...

boy that brings back memories of venison pepperoni from the Smoke Haus at East Fishkill Provisions  - man - good stuff

Have you ever had smoked venison backstrap? My dad won the buck pool for our camp this year so he decided he was going to take it to a local processor and have some special sausage made, right before he left the guy said want to try smoking your back straps and my dad said sure, Smoked the whole strap and it is awesome! 

Did you add any pork to the GRD ?.

I don't add any pork to mine.  Probably 30+ years ago I had a butcher add it to the ground and when HE did my deer.  After a couple years of that I tried it without pork added and found it perfectly acceptable and more appealing.

If you're going to use it as a burger on a roll it may be too dry but everything we use ground for is mixed with something else, such as spaghetti sauce, taco mix (rarely though) stuffed peppers, a meat pie recipe from Bisquick, chili etc............Sometimes we will make a meatloaf out of it but mix it 60/40 with ground beef and that works out just fine with all the other misc stuff that goes in the 'loaf mix like onions, peppers, raw egg, maybe oatmeal etc,

As you can see, I grind my own and would rather not introduce any thing that is not under my control.  (ya never know what folks might do to a pig........ :spiteful: )