Who brings handgun Deer hunting?

fadetoblack188

Hangun*--any centerfire pistol or revolver. Barrel length maximum is 16 inches
(NOTE: Possession of handguns in New York State requires a NYS Pistol Permit. New York does not recognize permits issued by other states.)

* It is illegal to hunt with:

• a fully automatic firearm;
  • an autoloading firearm that holds more than 6 shells (except an autoloading pistol with a barrel length under 8 inches);
  • any firearm equipped with a silencer.

Although I nearly always have a revolver ( usually a 4" Smith M 66) when I am mowing or working on the property, I don't usually carry it while I am hunting.. Got enough OTHER stuff to carry, I suppose, and after all, I DO have a rifle...

I'm with you on this one.  I don't know how in the hell I'd even carry one with all the clothes, pack and gun I have most of the time.  I sure as beans wouldn't want a handgun yanking my drawers down (even with my suspenders!) and certainly wouldn't want to mess with it when Ma Nature knocked...........................grin.

Shoulder holster; along with my safety harness and binoculars? That ain't happening.

I can see if I guy is going for a walk around the woods or going for a quick sit someplace but it seems like it'd be a PIA, IMO.

Ammo cost for a finishing shot?  Please.......................

My .357 dective special will be on my side.

It could be a Trooper Special, Dealer did no know the correct name, It's an old one like me ,but it's in great shape.It has a 6" BBL.Or I could take my TC Encore 45 long colt.

Have a safe and productive hunt everyone. Have to go put another log or 2 on the fire going down to 15 degrees here tonight.