I'm official! We closed today

Geno C

Iam officially considered an upstate guy? Lol

We closed on our new home in Chemung county today! We are almost moved in and then The un packing starts. Very excited! Cracked open a bottle of moet we have been saving for the right time for 5 years and had our first home cooked Italian meal in the new home. It's been a bit of a life change since we sold the house on LI and decided to make this move but it feels right. The hard part was finding the right house...

PS: wny, get those steaks ready bud lol I got the beer

• Like 8

That's cool. I usually don't venture much past Tioga, but Chemung seems decent. Some good fishin' on the Susquehanna for cats, walleye, smallmouth, and always a possibility to hook a Musky!

Being a CNY history buff, I've done quite alot of research on archaeology,the Iroquois indians and the battle of Newtown. I have a nice collection of artifacts that I've found. If you're into that stuff you might like to check out the SRAC(Susquehanna River Archaeology Center) in Waverly. It's an awesome place with some of the coolest artifacts.

Edited by PREDATE

That's cool. I usually don't venture much past Tioga, but Chemung seems decent. Some good fishin' on the Susquehanna for cats, walleye, smallmouth, and always a possibility to hook a Musky!

Being a CNY history buff, I've done quite alot of research on archaeology,the Iroquois indians and the battle of Newtown. I have a nice collection of artifacts that I've found. If you're into that stuff you might like to check out the SRAC(Susquehanna River Archaeology Center) in Waverly. It's an awesome place with some of the coolest artifacts.

They have muskey in the sus river? Sweet! I def wanna shoot over there for some fishing, was telling the wife that the other day.

Congrats on the new home Geno! You made me very jealous! If it wasn't for family (parents, inlaws, BILs and SILs) living near us we would have sold everything and moved north years ago!

I hear ya bud, figured I'd pull the trigger and do it now while we do Not have any kids! We have been talking about for a bit before we listed our house, after a few trips up to visit and do stuff up there the wife was hooked lol

Good luck up there Geno.

I'll try to keep the deer in check down here for you. If you come down to visit, call me to shoot some 3D.

Will do Pete and thanks! Oh I'll be down there to help ya keep those big boys in check. Hahah

They have muskey in the sus river? Sweet! I def wanna shoot over there for some fishing, was telling the wife that the other day.

Oh yeah! My brother showed me an article back a few months ago that told how there is now a breeding population of full strain muskies. Up until then, there was only known to be tiger muskies which are a hybrid between northern pike and true muskies. They have been stocking the river for years because tigers don't reproduce as they are usually sterile. I'll try to find and post the article.

We chase them from spring to fall with BIG spinners, stickbaits, or sucker minnows. Dawn and dusk are good times, but if you're serious like we are you'll try it by the light of the moon! Conventional wisdom has always told that they won't hit after dark. That couldn't be farther from the truth, it's comparable to the last hour in the bow stand on November 5th!

And about an hour south in St Marys PA you have about 1000 Elk free ranging about a 25 sq mile area just south of St Marys in Benezette.

Congratulations, how 'bout some pics?

I "assume" you already have a snowblower and/or 4 wheel drive and a plow ;)

This is the only pic I have from today. I do have a Titan 4x4 and also a new Atv with plow lol so funny u say that.

post-252-13860388440564_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats Geno....you'll love it...just beware the wine tours...it's addicting.. :D Now send some of that luck to our girl in Corning....

Haha I'm sure! I'm worried about the beer trails lol

I wish her luck! Tell her hang in there and find the right one