Indoors

Doc

Well, it is now time to start using my indoor range in the basement. Yes, it is a mere 15 yards, but that only means that he bulls-eyes get smaller ..... lol. I love to shoot, and the winter practice keeps the muscles toned and the form in tact.

Anybody else starting to get their indoor shooting going (at home or in the commercial indoor ranges)?

• Like 1

I use a Monster Bag inside of a cardboard box with about 2 layers of old carpeting behind the target . I periodically replace the cardboard . The cardboard is used to hold the arrow out straight . If I don't use it the 2nd shot will make the arrow droop in the bag and there is a chance of hitting it with another arrow . The arrows don't penetrate the bag .

I use a bag target as a backstop, with a "Block" foam target in front of the bag to provide a flat surface for targets. Nothing gets through that. I have an 8-1/2 x 11 target face with 5 little 3/4" diameter bulls-eyes on them, pinned onto the face of the Block.

I think i'll start next door at the club Jan 7th.  that's a once a week league.  then into summer i'll switch over to 3D.  I've practiced down in my basement at only 10 yards.  I figured if I could keep them in the same hole though I'd do alright out around 20 yards on an actual range.  I try to elevate the target though so I'm not just developing form that's aiming down at an angle.

I do have some funny looking chunks of pounded-out concrete in my block wall. When I was tournament shooting, I used to practice daily in the basement. I had my release set to a very touchy light pull. While getting it set up, there was a couple of times that I went just a tad too far ....lol. I also have an arrow hole in the casement of the door at the middle of the basement. My brother-in-law thought he would try his hand at this archery stuff .... lol.

two bag targets with a 4 by 8 ft plywood in back of the bags.

but we now go south for 3 months in Myrtle beach SC, shot yesterday at the practice area, 55 temp and sunny skies.... Sand dune archers

first 3d shoot is 3rd week of Jan for ASA. I will be shooting

as a senior master over 72 years young.

• Like 1

You guys have got me thinking now. The third floor in the building I live in is gutted, been empty for years. The building is 72 ft-76ft inside (I was just counting ceiling tiles, estimated for the guy across the hall, lol). There is even a 1/4 loft area that is open to get an elevated position. Hmmm

Would it be illegal since I live in town? I can't legally shoot in my back yard.