This is so me...

nyantler

I took 3 shots with a recurve 35 years ago. First dropped right under a chest shot. Second time, string hit my arm and the arrow just fell off the rest. Third try I was following a walking deer and a let go, WHACK, I shot myself a nice ash tree!! I loved my recurves. Never did get a deer with them but that was some challenge.

BTDT and have the stories & pics to go along.  If you don't LIVE with your bow daily and religiously you need to rethink it.  "It" is very difficult, almost all a mental IMO.  The mechanicals of it are very doable.  Concentration and follow through are so important.

The flight of an arrow, shot instinctively that hits its mark is a beautiful thing, magical really.  Some of my most memorable shots have been with a recurve, and some of my worst. :comando: 

Cool video but really just another ad for gear...........

BTDT and have the stories & pics to go along.  If you don't LIVE with your bow daily and religiously you need to rethink it.  "It" is very difficult, almost all a mental IMO.  The mechanicals of it are very doable.  Concentration and follow through are so important.

The flight of an arrow, shot instinctively that hits its mark is a beautiful thing, magical really.  Some of my most memorable shots have been with a recurve, and some of my worst. :comando:

Cool video but really just another ad for gear...........

I didn't see the ad angle at all when watching it... all I saw was the message about a love and passion for the experience and challenge of the hunt

Saw the logo... just didn't get the feeling from the video that I was being sold on anything but the passion... if that was an ad for gear it was a good one with a better message about how hunters should look at hunting.

Exactly what they are trying to do, subliminal message.

:O

Law " If you don't LIVE with your bow daily and religiously you need to rethink it."

That's why I gave them to a friend and quit. I didn't have the time or space in the city to shoot every day & knew sooner or later I was going to gut shoot one. That's when I switched to a compound. Then I screwed my shoulder and was out entirely. I may get a stick bow and test the shoulder again at targets. Will never hunt with a bow gain, I still don't have the time or space to pratice correctly. "Man's gotta know his limitations"

definitely have to shoot every day. took a break and had to rework some things. put a target up in my kitchen shoot through two rooms that have a clear opeiningfor a shot.

wife thought I was crazy at first, kudos to her for letting me do it :), course she gives me crap for not taking a deer yet. especially after I moved the target to find a huge hole in my wall that I havnt gotten around to fixing.

gotta use better backing next time

• Like 1

Law " If you don't LIVE with your bow daily and religiously you need to rethink it." That's why I gave them to a friend and quit. I didn't have the time or space in the city to shoot every day & knew sooner or later I was going to gut shoot one. That's when I switched to a compound. Then I screwed my shoulder and was out entirely. I may get a stick bow and test the shoulder again at targets. Will never hunt with a bow gain, I still don't have the time or space to pratice correctly. "Man's gotta know his limitations"

Amen brutha.

There ain't much more gratifying than slipping one in tight to the shoulder with a cedar shaft that you stained, dipped, crested and fletched then tipped with a broadhead YOU put the edge on after months of practice and painfully calloused fingers.  You clench your fist and quietly pump it as he speeds away with a growing crimson stain on his rib cage.............. then you here the crash.

BUT.......if you haven't put the time in, you just gut shot him. :comando:

Amen brutha.

There ain't much more gratifying than slipping one in tight to the shoulder with a cedar shaft that you stained, dipped, crested and fletched then tipped with a broadhead YOU put the edge on after months of practice and painfully calloused fingers.  You clench your fist and quietly pump it as he speeds away with a growing crimson stain on his rib cage.............. then you hear  the crash.

BUT.......if you haven't put the time in, you just gut shot him. :comando:

Edit to change spelling on "hear" from "here".

that was me this past season... i was going out there with a Bear Super Kodiak recurve.  tuned it and set it up.  went to a girl crafts store to get yarn that matched my bow's wood and made string silencers.  some of the best hunts I've had all season.  had piles of deer within a few yards.  had deer that close that never heard me shoot enough to be alarmed.  it's unfortunate my bow delaminated and i got in a car accident getting a banged up shoulder.  contacted Bear and they sent me a new one to replace it.  so now this coming season i'll do it all over again, minus the shoulder and bow issues.