Down the Dumper

Tweesdad

Well, my Deer season just got tossed down the dumper.

Had severe pain in groin, went to doctor, and was told that I had a hernia that required immediate intervention.  Surgery done on Friday, and I was told to stay out of the woods for 4 - 5 weeks.  Talk about things going wrong at exactly the worst time.

Anyway, good luck to all you guys.  I'll be sitting this one out.  Will try for M/L season anyway.

Sorry to hear that, i hope all goes well. Is your Dr. a conservative type? just asking cause i have no idea what the surgery you went through does to you.....although when i was younger i had stitches on my chin and the Dr told me that I couldn't catch (i was a cather) for 8 weeks!! i would have missed the entire season if i listened to him...come to find out he was a Pri*ck and just concerned with the aftermath if people new that he stitched me up....a*hole. Not knowing anything about the surgery, before you had the surgery, you were hunting....i don;t think you are going to rip the stitches or staples by pulling back a bow or shooting a gun?? Sorry for my ignorance but i would just like too see you in the woods!!! Is there anything else you could do!

Surgeon is a fellow hunter.  He feels as bad about this as I do.  Feeling is that if I should strain myself, in the wrong way, I could re-tear the repair and be back to square 1.  After the pain I went through before the surgery, and the "discomfort" I am going through now, the last thing I want to do is re-injure myself.  As it is now, I am on pain meds 3 times a day, and I don't want to have to go through this crap again.

I'll wait for M/L season.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Sorry to hear about your injury. Lost 1/2 the season 2 years ago with a herniated disc in my back, just glad it didnt happen when I was alone in the woods. Check DEC web site for the suffolk shot gun muzzle loading season in January. Hope you feel better.