Really Discouraged!!!

Bleitten04

Man I can't believe this is happening now.  Anyways before the season I got my bow sighted in very well from 10 to 30 yards.  Every couple of hunts out my buddy brings his target and we will shot a couple of arrows before going out.  Well now my arrows don't knock right.  When I draw my bow back the arrow falls off.  These arrows are quite old (4 or 5 years) so the knocks might be worn out?  Also my bow string is the same (4 or 5 years old).  I know its about time to get new ones of each but my bow was shooting just like it always has so I figured I would be alright.  Well anyways I go buy more arrowsand get them cut to the right length.  Went out hunting today and shot a couple of arrows and they shoot about a foot lower then where I thought they would.  Well it was about 3pm and I didn't want to ruin my partners hunt so I said lets go out.  I figured if a deer came by I would just let it pass and atleast I would get to enjoy its company (nothing came by though).  I'm stuck up at college right now but I plan on going home this weekend and heading into Bass Pro and seeing what they say.  I'm guessing my string is junk.  I'm going to head there Friday evening and assuming that there will be some kind of "drastic" change to my bow I will head to the range on Sat. morning to shoot until I get back to where I was.  Hopefully be able to hunt this weekend some!!!  Just wondering if any body else might have an opinion on what could be wrong?  Also this is the best plan I have to getting my bow ready as fast as possible.  I don't want to head out and shoot at a deer when I don't know where my bow is shooting.  Would anybody do anything different in this situation? 

I got to college in Brockport and I hunt in Batavia.  When on the way I pass though Leroy and there is an archery shop there.  Don't know the name of it and don't know if is good or not?  I live in Weedsport though so yes I would be going to the Auburn B Pro.  Does Cody work Friday?

I heard the same that Bass Pro is very good.  I'm sure the Archery shot is also good to.  If I go home though I will have a range to go to and take all the time I need.  I do know this sting is very old and I feel it could be a combination of new arrows and an old sting.  My arrows before were not top line arrows and my new ones are carbon express mutiny's.  Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it.  Hopefully get this fixed and be able to hunt the rest of the bow season.  Good Luck to you all!!!!

What were your old arrows? I wouldn't think those new ones are that much heavier, the Mutiny's are only 9.4 GPI. The nocks being loose could be due to worn down serving on your string which is easily repairable. Just make sure who ever works on it does not move your knocking point a whole lot provided you are shooting good now and have good arrow flight. Other than that if the new arrows are grouping well just adjust your pins accordingly and have at it.

Would you be able to just swap out the nocks in your old arrows or are they glued in? I wouldnt be too afraid of swapping the string out if they can get it done quick. You can have it sighted back in within an afternoon. I still would stay away from box stores. I am just speaking from experience. Ask around the area, Im sure there is a reputable local shop. Ive overheard the guys in the archery dept talking about stuff at that particular BPS before and I wouldnt let them touch my bow. I actually bought my daughter's bow there, and took it to my local shop to get setup.

Indian Mountain Archery isnt too far from brockport and my father and I have nothing but good things to say about this shop. Look them up online he has some funky hours but does great work and spends a lot of time with you. My Father upgraded his bow and bought a Mission from them and they spent 3 hours with him after the purchase shooting. they are located at   

342 Walker Lake Ontario Road Hilton, New York 14468 ; Telephone:(585) 964-5880

I think this is why i went to traditional archery... even though I have always show instinctively even with my old compounds.. i didn't like all the moving parts.. I like a bow. a string .. and an arrow...the only thing i do occasionally is check my brace height.. and practice ... practice .. practice.

Indian Mountain Archery isnt too far from brockport and my father and I have nothing but good things to say about this shop. Look them up online he has some funky hours but does great work and spends a lot of time with you. My Father upgraded his bow and bought a Mission from them and they spent 3 hours with him after the purchase shooting. they are located at   

342 Walker Lake Ontario Road Hilton, New York 14468 ; Telephone:(585) 964-5880

Cant tell whats going on without seeing your set up but phil at indian mountain is the man.  there is also Creekwood archery right in Brockport

Just my 2 cents but I enjoy creekwood archery. There open Mon -fri 4pm-9pm and sat &Sunday 10am-9pm. Grate people to work with address is 451 Lawrence Road, Brockport, NY 14420 -(585)-392-2030. Grate indoor out door range to work with to. Hope it all works out for ya. Keep us posted with what ya end up doing and how it works out

Thanks guys.  I think I'm going to go home actually to Bass Pro.  This way when I go to sight it back in I can bring my muzzleloader to and just may sure its still on.  I sighted it in previously but that was a couple months ago and would like to make sure nothing got knocked.  But thank you very much for all of these places.  They maybe very helpful in the future!!!!1