wtf my daughters school telling her hunting is bad

silent death

There are god cops and bad cops...good lawyers and bad lawyers...good plumbers and bad plumbers....and believe it or not, good teachers and bad teachers. As a teacher it is amazing to me what kids HEAR from their teachers. I have two 3rd graders and a 4th graders. While I live them more then anything, I take what they say happening at school with a grain of salt. It is amazing the things they say that are not actually accurate. Not to say the OP's kid is lying ... All I am saying is that kids say the damdest things sometimes and often misunderstand. Do crazies exists In education? Yup...many of them are the parents whose children can do no wrong...sorry for the rant- preparing for my snow day tomorrow with a couple of cold ones! jK of course

The obamacare executive order states that doctors MAY ask these questions. It does not mandate that they ask them. This is another myth sold to you by Rush Limbaugh. Either way, if your doctor chooses to ask, you can decline to answer.

• Like 1

Bubba, I didn't see your first post. You are still mistaken.

thank you for the thoughtful and in depth response.  Just what I expected.  You still did not answer why.my Dr. is asking me.  Wont bother to bring it up again as I have already been told twice I am wrong.  It is only my job to be up on these things.  What do I know.   

The question doesn't put you into any category. It's meant to be an opportunity for a doctor to provide information, if needed, about safety.

For some Doctors I feel you are right,but for other Docs they could use that info to do whatever they want.Let me ask you another question,I want to say I am not picking a fight here or trying to start anything.Lets say a doc asks a guys kids "is there guns in the house",answers yes and gives the kid some safety info for him to take home.Do you honestly think thats where it ends?That DOc will "update" the childs file with that info,I feel If the government is asking for docs to ask this question then they will expect results of some kind and that is them checking in on whats in that childs file.Maybe I am paranoid to some but I feel thats going over the line.

Machinist, I think I just answered your questions in a post to Bubba. Doctors are not required to ask about guns. That is a myth. And, your private health information cannot be shared without your permission.

Just stop already , there has already been a case of someones medical records resulting their gun rights being taken away.

Ok, Jeremy. Find one of those cases and we can discuss it.

I was thinking of the one that happened in Amherst NY , the guy shared the same name with someone on anti-psych meds. His pistol permit was taken away and he had to go to court to get it back . Seems to me somebody was giving out medical info.

• Like 1

Oh I understand it thoroughly.  Keep your heads buried in  the sand and wave the all clear flag. If you do not understand the ins and outs of the unaffordable care act you better re read it as well as how it is linked to hipaa.  

post one showing I am wrong.  I dd not look this up on the internet.  It is a big part of my job.  It is in my office.  We had to add the gun questions to our intake as of January 2013.  Patients do not have to answer, but it is there.  But I understand you arm chair quarterbacks know it all.  I am a health care provider and have to adhere to the regs.  

Doctors can ask any kind of invasive questions that they want, but it is still up to the patient to answer or not. After all, the doctor is the employee in these cases, not the boss.

In the case of the original post however, the right of a teacher to weave their politics into the curriculum does not exist. And all the advice to make a big deal out of such offenses are spot on. Right quickly, as much of an example as possible should be made of those that take those kinds of liberties with the minds of minors.

• Like 2

Bubba, why do you refuse to actually do a little research.  You claim that it's a part of your job.  What do you mean by that?  If your boss or your office decided to include these questions as of last January, that was their choice.  It was not a mandate, no matter how badly you want to believe it was.

I am a nurse practitioner in an outpatient office.  I did my research when the new laws came out. I had to.  I get the new regs from the state and federal govt every year.  I have to comply or they can shut us down. I have the documents in my office stating what we have to do.  I think I did my research directly, not from the internet.. If that is not good enough for you guys ok.. I can not fix that.  Good luck and I hope you never took any of the meds on the hit list in your past.    

well doewhacker, you claim to know where I am wrong please feel free to back that up.  I would love to see it form a credible source.  Everytime someone says something you disagree with, you insist on proof, but are never willing to prove your side because you just know it is right.  Seems kind of one sided to me.  

• Like 1

well doewhacker, you claim to know where I am wrong please feel free to back that up. I would love to see it form a credible source. Everytime someone says something you disagree with, you insist on proof, but are never willing to prove your side because you just know it is right. Seems kind of one sided to me.

I just ask you provide info for us all to read and be enlightened, until then you are full of poop.

I am not going to scan pages of regs I have in my office for your enlightenment.  Where did you read I was wrong please enlighten me.  I woukld love ot be wrong and not havew to comply with a bunch of govt regs.  

Oh yeah and btw when I review this paperwork with patients, I encourage them not to answer those questions.  I educate my patients.  Not my job to educate the arm chair guys here.  I put it out there. Believe it or not.  But when you go to your health care provider and they ask abut guns, feel free to stop back and say hey you were right.  I doubt you will but honestly I do not care if you do or not.