PA game warden shot and killed

noodle one

http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1972136&fpart=1

Apparently its one guy. From the sounds of it he was jack lighting deer, caught in the act and fired at the officers. Sounds like they may have shot him and wounded him. I hope they finish the job when they find him.

My sympathy to the friends, colleagues and family of the officer.

Police have named Christoper Lynn Johnson,27, as a person of interest in the shooting.

John should be treated as armed and dangerous, police said. He may be injured and in need of medical treatment.

They are searching for a 1999 blue Chevrolet 4x4 extended cab pickup truck with PA license plate VWC7472

Bad for the sport...

Why? The perp was not hunting or participating in any legal activity. Its another crime.

Anti's will associate it with hunters in general.

I would agree.  We don't know for sure whether this guy had a hunting license or not, but if he did, people could say a "hunter" shot a game warden and whether the 

guy was doing something illegal at the time or not probably wouldn't make much difference.  Not like guys WITH hunting licenses don't get busted every year for all sorts of stunts!

Bad for the sport...

Why? The perp was not hunting or participating in any legal activity. Its another crime.

Anti's will associate it with hunters in general.

I would agree.  We don't know for sure whether this guy had a hunting license or not, but if he did, people could say a "hunter" shot a game warden and whether the 

guy was doing something illegal at the time or not probably wouldn't make much difference.  Not like guys WITH hunting licenses don't get busted every year for all sorts of stunts!

Thats like saying I have a fishing license and sunk a cruise ship, so that looks bad upon fishermen in general. I dont buy it.