Got nothing done...

this winter. I have a list of tree's/hinge cutting I wanted to get done plus upgrading our trail system after adding 45acres this winter. With the consistent heavy snow and low temps I've done nothing. Next thing I know it will be camping season and I haven't even yet firewood :mad:

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat and will be playing catch up with getting my firewood supply for next year and tree stand work. But a lot can still be done in April and May.

Ha-ha ..... Not if the end of this winter continues with the extremes that the year has provide so far. Really, I am beginning to wonder when all this crap will turn around and start coming up with "normal" daily values. I'm also beginning to get a bit concerned about the deer herd if this weather continues to run below normal values. It is protracted extreme winters like this that have the negative impacts on deer survival.

I at least got 500 cord of firewood out of the woods this winter. Thankfully the guy doing it has worked on all but the of the coldest days.. the tops have provided food for deer all winter. I am guessing there is 2 more years of tsi still to do. Its really sad that a woods can get so hi-graded by loggers over the years.. hornbean up to 2 ft in diameter.dead beach, pignut hickory..ton of ash and soft maple have left. and it doesnt even look like anyhing has been cut... Fire wood orders have been so fast and furious that he cant get anything out to the landing to pile up for the wet weather we should be getting.  hope it warms up so he can get a few days ahead on the skidding. Doesnt look like food plots will be ready to plant till end of may this year.. frost is in the ground so deep.

This winter has put me behind for scouting unlike any other. Here's to hoping there's a few weekends before green-up. A couple years ago we went from winter to green-up in zero time flat and it made scouting difficult.

I at least got 500 cord of firewood out of the woods this winter. Thankfully the guy doing it has worked on all but the of the coldest days.. the tops have provided food for deer all winter. I am guessing there is 2 more years of tsi still to do. Its really sad that a woods can get so hi-graded by loggers over the years.. hornbean up to 2 ft in diameter.dead beach, pignut hickory..ton of ash and soft maple have left. and it doesnt even look like anyhing has been cut... Fire wood orders have been so fast and furious that he cant get anything out to the landing to pile up for the wet weather we should be getting.  hope it warms up so he can get a few days ahead on the skidding. Doesnt look like food plots will be ready to plant till end of may this year.. frost is in the ground so deep.

you mean 50 cord?  500 cord is a small forest! lol

I'm in the same boat and will be playing catch up with getting my firewood supply for next year and tree stand work. But a lot can still be done in April and May.

Hopefully the weather cooperates soon. every time I had a chance to do something it was either 0 out or just way to much snow. I took a walk a couple weeks ago to pull the cam pics and almost had a heat attack from the walk, 9/10 to the cam thru almost knee high snow was tough, haven't been back since.

no 500 cord, ive removed 1500 cord in last two years.. i have a large wooded property put together from several pieces the were hi-graded over the years.. i dont burn wood myself but needed the "junk trees" removed big wolf tress left for years.. 38 in or so on the stump hickory, ash, maple, hornbeam, beach.. some trees have 15 cord in them alone... i like a thick woods with a lot of diversity. i have one 30 acre section that was 80% ash.. that is almost being clear cut.. underneath it is a great growth of cherry and hardmaple that were being shaded out by the ash... I was lucky enough to find a local that only takes what i want and has been here going on 3 years cutting everyday, taking great care not to damage other trees.