Looks as though another hardcore QDMA supporter is questioning the stance the club refuses to change their stance.

Maybe CWD is not that bad after all? 

QDMA Member

icon1.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas-andres viewpost.gif
So what I'm learning from this is Michigan branches are years ahead of MN branches on the approach that needs too be taken on changing a State's way of managing a deer herd..?? No disrespect or negative $hit meant at all......

How do APR's(Mi.) and no bonus bucks(Wi.) which fly in the face and directly opposed to each state's DNR passive management program for CWD and TB make the Mi. chapters lite years ahead? 2 Wi. chapter reps testified against bonus bucks which is a key part of the DNR's passive CWD management. I don't get the logic. As disease spreads, the QDM principal of mature bucks is and will continue to be in direct conflict with sound biology and state DNR's. Please explain how this is not true? State the biological reasoning to protect mature bucks in a disease area? I assume both Wisconsin chapter reps had prior permission to snub the DNR with documented testimony? QDM has to change the mature buck principal as cwd will do nothing but spread. BTW, Dr. Deer has the same no worrie approach. Follow the money.

Just can't give up the nonsense can you?

Nonsense you say?  Please do explain with your thoughts Mr Great Hunter?  You speak as though you are all about Earth,Animals and feathers.

How can a group that speaks of saving the animal and habitat still give their graces of spreading such a bad disease?

I also remember a post the other day where you got your A$$ handed to you over your stupid statement that the QDMA never made monetary gain from the high fence industry.  Care to go Round #2

HaHa....these guys don't like when you post facts that discredit their argument. They will now start the name calling and if you defend yourself they'll tell you to grow up. Tag...you're it! :biggrin:

I have no worries of that. Im good in my skin and i will cram this down their throats. Not to long ago the QDMA group used CWD as their only ammo to try and stop the growth that is going to end their very being in a few short years.

Now the tables have turned and as you read even their PAYING members are calling them out on it. They are now asking the QDMA group where all these dead deer are and how in the world are deer living to be mature and how are these states killing record numbers of deer year after year with a disease that was told was going to wipe out all deer.

After 50 years you would think we would not have any hunting in any CWD positive states. I cant wait untill they get called out in public to Kip himself and put that answer in print. Priceless!!

• Like 1

This coming from you? Just think,if QDMA says what they should say you will no longer have to duck and hide from all those baby bucks you kill every year. You will be in your glory.

Nice try - I have shot 1 buck in the last 8 years.

I shot does and what for an actual mature buck - grown wild without a pedigree and ear tag.

You two can have fun convincing each other of your "facts".... the rest of us will continue in the real world. Have fun with this thread I have a feeling you'll be alone from here on out.

Ya coming from a guy that is clueless to any facts on Cwd..Well guess what?  You had better not look in any QDMA posts because thats all your going to see.  Funny how the dedicated qdma guys that used and posted crap about CWD and farms now duck and hide now that the heat is on them.  Wait untill the live tests come out.  When cwd is finally found again in Ny, the banning of a few guns will be the least or your worries.

FSW, are you really starting this again? And I get a kick out of how you constantly speak as if you have won an argument or handed someone their ass. Your the only one that thinks it. Stay in the pretend hunting business, you would make a horrible lawyer!!!

• Like 2

FSW, are you really starting this again? And I get a kick out of how you constantly speak as if you have won an argument or handed someone their ass. Your the only one that thinks it. Stay in the pretend hunting business, you would make a horrible lawyer!!!

Funny that nobody has an answer to the question huh?  Even when their own members keep calling them out on the subject...Just keep side stepping time after time.   

I believe what you speak of was somebody coming on this site and saying that the QDMA has never made  money off of the high fence industry.  I dont just think it..I KNOW it.  Yeah they were served.  Just the start!

Edited by Four Season Whitetails

And what question is it your talking about, why the QDMA auctions off high fence hunts? Simple, to raise money to use for conservation purposes. They don't have a rich CEO that's going to benefit, just a lot of volunteers and a small group of employees that get paid to do a needed job that no one does for free.

And what question is it your talking about, why the QDMA auctions off high fence hunts? Simple, to raise money to use for conservation purposes. They don't have a rich CEO that's going to benefit, just a lot of volunteers and a small group of employees that get paid to do a needed job that no one does for free.

So you in turn think its fine for a group that bad mouths and tries to shut down a business yet they sell the services of that same business that they tell everyone they should stay away from, for money for their club?

But the question is..Just like you read at the top of this post from a long time paying QDMA member...How long is the QDMA going to continue to support the movement of CWD across the countryside by supporting the practice of letting male whitetail deer to grow untill mature before harvested?  When if they truly represent what they preach, they would say to harvest every male whitetail deer regardless of age or size!

bottom line is attacking one or the other is just plain stupid and accomplishes nothing.  you can fight the other kicking and screaming for the rest of your life, but when you're old and on your death bed both will still co-exist and issues discussed here might not even be relevant.  there's always going to be a demand for both.  the only thing that dictates the future of either is what they do to help or hurt the wild free ranging whitetail population.  why?  it's millions and millions of hunters that form that group that encompasses billions of dollars spent, to both state and private entities.

I have no doubts that harvesting every male whitetail deer regardless of age or size would eliminate CWD in whitetail deer, because there wouldn't be much if any deer at all left.  You can't sustain a population without having both doe and bucks. Nobody would truly take that stance because it doesn't make any logical sense.

bottom line is attacking one or the other is just plain stupid and accomplishes nothing.  you can fight the other kicking and screaming for the rest of your life, but when you're old and on your death bed both will still co-exist and issues discussed here might not even be relevant.  there's always going to be a demand for both.  the only thing that dictates the future of either is what they do to help or hurt the wild free ranging whitetail population.  why?  it's millions and millions of hunters that form that group that encompasses billions of dollars spent, to both state and private entities.

I have no doubts that harvesting every male whitetail deer regardless of age or size would eliminate CWD in whitetail deer, because there wouldn't be much if any deer at all left.  You can't sustain a population without having both doe and bucks. Nobody would truly take that stance because it doesn't make any logical sense.

Most of their stance against high fence makes no LOGICAL sense.   But logical is not whats at question here!  What this does do is make 100% BIOLOGICAL sense and goes against all facts and science that proves to be a big mover of CWD!

Hence the point of it being found in every state.  I guess CWD is not a big deal to the QDMA so when we have it in every state we will all be on the same page and all can have the same objective.  They just wont have a tool to use against farms or high fence.  

They like to start out every fight with disease spreading but quickly move to great big bucks( just what people want) as their real fight. 

Cant blame them i guess. it cant feel to good getting ran over by the fastest growing industry in the country!

Yearling bucks, like teenage boys have different behaviors than the rest of the population. A lot of those yearling buck behaviors seem to be enabling of CWD. The research is in it's infancy, but it is possible that in the future conclusions from these studies will recommend against protecting yearling bucks or skewing the population sex/age structure to favor them.

I am not well informed about QDM however. There may be other strategies in it which mitigate the potential problem. For example, if population densities are managed at smaller levels, perhaps because more food means bigger deer, than the impact of the proverbial young bucks might be mitigated. That might be the topic of future research as well...

Some of you guys go to the QDM seminars, what does that Ross guy say about this, ask him next time...