he U.N. Resolution 2117 lists 21 points dealing with firearms control, but perhaps of most interest is point number 11: “CALLS FOR MEMBER STATES TO SUPPORT WEAPONS COLLECTION, DISARMAMENT ---”
HOORAY - 53-46 vote - The U.S. Senate voted against the U.N.
Now, Which 46 Senators Voted to Destroy Us? Well, let their names become known !! See below...
In a 53-46 vote, the Senate narrowly passed a measure that will stop the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms T...rade Treaty. The Statement of Purpose from the Bill reads: "To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty." The U.N. Small Arms Treaty, which has been championed by the Obama Administration, would have effectively placed a global ban on the import and export of small firearms. The ban would have affected all private gun owners in the U.S. and had language that would have implemented aninternational gun registry, now get this, on all private guns and ammo.
Astonishingly, 46 out of our 100 United States Senators were willing to give away our Constitutional rights to a foreign power.
Here are the 46 senators who voted to give your rights to the U.N.:
Baldwin (D-WI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bennett (D-CO)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Coons (D-DE)
Cowan (D-MA)
Durbin (D-IL)j
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hirono (D-HI)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kaine (D-VA)
King (I-ME)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murphy (D-CT)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schatz (D-HI)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Warner (D-VA)
Warren (D-MA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)
Folks: This needs to go viral. These Senators voted to let the UN take OUR guns. They need to lose their next election. We have been betrayed.
46 Senators Voted to Give your 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights to the U.N.

• Like 1

The constitution overrides the UN. Its been tried and upheld before. Alot of todo about nothing really.

And then there is the NYS Safe Act that kind of puts our 2nd Amendment constitutional guarantees in the perspective of reality.

The constitution overrides the UN. Its been tried and upheld before. Alot of todo about nothing really.

I will take your word for that, but it still is a matter of principle. The sporting community likes to drum up worthless controversy, but I think this is still a good pass along email because it demonstrates the gall and arrogance of so many elected officials...

In theory you are correct.

In practice, whatever they decide to honor and enforce is the reality. There are plenty of unconstitutional laws and proposed laws already in effect. We are supposed to have the court system to correct these problems, but the judges have increasingly become beholden to their executive branch masters who appoint them.

• Like 1

The UN is barely staying afloat. It hasn't been weaker before publicly and behind the scenes.

About the only thing the UN has going for it is the Crimean debacle and the Korean tension. Nigeria is probably another thing they'll try to grasp. Sure, they try to work on human rights, etc. but the value in the UN has always been its strategic use of cooperation in situations of force (military). It has deteriorated over the years with China and Russia being able to stall any measure of action (and vice versa with USA, GB, and then France in the middle).

Without activity on that front, the entire organization just grinds to a halt and scrapes by with human rights activities.

I have a great admiration for the UN and what they've done, but positionally, they're as low as they've ever been.

Man, you are off your rocker. Off it completely.

The UN has done a great deal for humanity. Is it perfect? No. Is it time for it to be re-designed or closed down for something better? Yeah, I think so.

I'll never condone rape, kidnap, torture, etc. in war scenarios. But the cold hard truth is that darn near every government in the world has had a scandal/issue with it. China, Japan, Great Britain, U.S., you name it, it's happened in a war theater. Again, do I condone it? No.

But, the fact you bring it up is hypocritical to the Nth degree because you wouldn't be able to name a single country worth living in with any militaristic strength that hasn't had istances of rape and kidnapping in war theaters. Not one.

Was it ratified? The article leaves that out, as well as if it was, are any parts of it affecting any of our laws on a federal, or any other level.

"States rights. Has nothing to do with foreign treaties and the constitution. The safe act will eventually fall, its a matter of time."

Not in a state, or a country, that has no respect for the Rule of Law, and has high court justices that don't either.

Edited by Mr VJP

States rights. Has nothing to do with foreign treaties and the constitution. The safe act will eventually fall, its a matter of time.

Unfortunately, there is no sign other than wishful thinking that indicates that the safe act will ever fall. In fact there is more evidence that indicates it will be added to by further encroachments.

What the NYS Safe Act shows is that the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution apparently has big gaping holes in its protection whether that be from a domestic threat or whatever. The same people eventually get to determine the constitutionality of any acts against the 2nd Amendment. It is good to have faith in the Constitution, but even better to have some level of understanding, recognition and distrust of its vulnerabilities.

Reid vs Covert (1957)

I swear I have to cite this case at least once a month.

It is true that the Constitution trumps international treaties and agreements. But that is only in cases where there is a clear conflict. That issue of "clear conflict" is determined by a federal court that consistently applies some very liberal interpretations regarding issues of the 2nd Amendment. There is always more than one way to skin a cat, so to speak. There is nothing wrong with rational vigilance.

I'm particularity fond of the UN aiding and abetting the Rwanda genocide. That was a good deal for humanity.

http://www.crimesofwar.org/a-z-guide/rwanda/

Did the same in Kosovo:

It ain't me thats lost the plot .The UN has done exactly nothing for humanity other that support the agendas of third parties and usually at the expense of one or more groups of humanity involved.

'Helping Humanity' is an empty platitude buzz phrase that is not supported by the facts.

It's sensless trying to talk to you or VJP. You have no ability to make a concrete argument. None. You get lost in details - trying link or cite individual concerns rather than looking at a body of work. I have to imagine your glass house has no broken windows.

Your a joke.

You can't develop a concrete argument without details and facts. Your 'concrete' argument consists of mind numbing platitudes that reject the reality on the ground. If thats your idea of 'concrete',  I'll be sure to make sure you don't lay the foundation for my new house. 

You're a joke. Literally.

People like you give America a bad name in my opinion. Not much more to say about it.

I forget who it was that said you and VJP need to go buy an island to rule was right.

You probably don't trust your own wife, mailman, newspaper boy, etc. as others have said. I pity you in a sense. It has to be tough going through life paranoid.

Edited by phade

Those that accuse the alarm sounders of paranoia are usually the first ones taken out.

Ever see a flock of birds on the ground, where one or two notice a predator coming and take flight.  Some stay on the ground trying to see the threat coming for themselves, because they mistrust the ones that took off.  They get killed off fast, no longer able to reproduce.

That's Nature's way of eliminating stupidity from the gene pool.

Those that accuse the alarm sounders of paranoia are usually the first ones taken out.

Ever see a flock of birds on the ground, where one or two notice a predator coming and take flight.  Some stay on the ground trying to see the threat coming for themselves, because they mistrust the ones that took off.  They get killed off fast, no longer able to reproduce.

That's Nature's way of eliminating stupidity from the gene pool.

But then there really aren't a whole lot of birds that are known as being heavy thinkers .... lol. Do birds really "mistrust"? Sounds like a Disney scenario .... ha-ha-ha. Well anyway, the real message to pull from this thread is that when people run around in circles, waving their arms in the air, Constantly screaming and yelling and pretending that they are the only ones who really see "the truth", eventually men in white coats come along and put them in an appropriate place where they can be kept from harming themselves or others. Alarm sounders indeed... lol. The absolute arrogance of such a self image. More like raving lunatics who cry wolf so much that if they ever do have a useful lucid thought, no one will ever pay a whole lot of attention to them anymore.

It's sensless trying to talk to you or VJP. You have no ability to make a concrete argument. None. You get lost in details - trying link or cite individual concerns rather than looking at a body of work. I have to imagine your glass house has no broken windows.

What you post is senseless.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...