Texas Tech Cheeleader Under Fire

Five Seasons

Does any of this really surprise anyone here? We are under attack by some very well financed and powerful organizations who are winning over many converts with each passing year. I know that we like to laugh at their ridiculous causes and claims, but whether we want to believe it or not, these people are growing in power, both financially and legislatively, and there will come a day of showdown, and I can't guarantee that we will survive it all.

They have emotion on their side and we have facts. Which one of the two do you really think will prevail?

People have the right to hunt where it's legal, while others have the right not to like it.  There are two points of view on every topic.  If this young lady didn't post up these hunting pictures on facebook for the world to see, she never would have had a problem.  Posting pictures and opinions on topics that might be controversial in today's world is bound to get you into a messy situation.

People have the right to hunt where it's legal, while others have the right not to like it.  There are two points of view on every topic.  If this young lady didn't post up these hunting pictures on facebook for the world to see, she never would have had a problem.  Posting pictures and opinions on topics that might be controversial in today's world is bound to get you into a messy situation.

Agreed….. Anyone who posts hunting photos will get bashed by the anti hunting crowd. Its what they do. Hopefully it will be a lesson learned, for this young lady and it doesn't discourage her.

Many of these haters have no understanding of real animal social dynamics, ecology, and wildlife management.  Like Doc said, they instead only have emotion and until you can get them to switch the emotion dial to off for a second and use their brains for logic, you'll never win against them.

Agreed….. Anyone who posts hunting photos will get bashed by the anti hunting crowd. Its what they do. Hopefully it will be a lesson learned, for this young lady and it doesn't discourage her.

Yes, hunting is controversial. But that doesn't mean that we have to go hide in the bushes. If she has any intestinal fortitude at all, she will brush off these clowns and carry on like they simply don't exist. Since when do we yield to public pressure. Doing so only encourages them.

Yes, hunting is controversial. But that doesn't mean that we have to go hide in the bushes. If she has any intestinal fortitude at all, she will brush off these clowns and carry on like they simply don't exist. Since when do we yield to public pressure. Doing so only encourages them.

I couldn't agree more. I hope it doesn't discourage her one bit and I hope she continues to post more photos. 

Hey... If you all remember I had several death threats called into my house a few weeks back from a FB anti hunting group... I got only a taste of what this poor girl is going through... My thinking is.... don't hide what we do.. get it out in the open, be proud of it and let the loons be shown for what they are... Support this girl and others like her to the fullest and show what we do is good for conservation and the anti's do absolutely nothing but bitch..

• Like 1

I get the feeling from the posts and information out there that she would love to have a show. This is probably just the boost in popularity that she needed.

Yea, I think she will definitely get the show now. Somebody is paying for all these hunts expensive hunts, I assume her parent(s)?  Everything was probably taped, so she has many episodes in line already.

It was ok for Cheney to go Dove hunting. The Press and public had no issues with that.

Only problem was with him shooting his hunting buddy.

After a few years, hunting is wrong and no one should have guns.  How things have changed in about 1 decade.  Did we have a massive population die-off that allowed this to happen? 

As long as Kendall is hunting legally and ethically, she should continue.

Yea, I think she will definitely get the show now. Somebody is paying for all these hunts expensive hunts, I assume her parent(s)? Everything was probably taped, so she has many episodes in line already.

If I remember right her family also owns one of those safari ranches in Texas

It really doesn't bother me if her parents have the means and resources to provide her with high class hunting opportunities. It doesn't bother me that she may eventually get her own TV program. I still have the right to not watch it if the content doesn't interest me. Her program would likely be as legitimate as 99.99% of the nonsense that passes for hunting shows today. Who cares? The real thing to take from this story is the dedication and strength of the anti-hunting/anti-gun forces and the fact that their influence is growing daily. The other day on Animal Planet channel, I saw a recruitment advertisement by the Humane Society that went on for so long I was beginning to think it was an infomercial. These people are well financed and getting to be very influential. Don't be worrying about some little girl that has aspirations of being a hunting show host, and concentrate on how we are losing the PR battle in a big way.

It really doesn't bother me if her parents have the means and resources to provide her with high class hunting opportunities. It doesn't bother me that she may eventually get her own TV program. I still have the right to not watch it if the content doesn't interest me. Her program would likely be as legitimate as 99.99% of the nonsense that passes for hunting shows today. Who cares? The real thing to take from this story is the dedication and strength of the anti-hunting/anti-gun forces and the fact that their influence is growing daily. The other day on Animal Planet channel, I saw a recruitment advertisement by the Humane Society that went on for so long I was beginning to think it was an infomercial. These people are well financed and getting to be very influential. Don't be worrying about some little girl that has aspirations of being a hunting show host, and concentrate on how we are losing the PR battle in a big way.

I'm not sure we're losing in a big way. I think general culture is pushing towards freedom. Freedom to marry who you want, freedom to express your beliefs etc. I've seen tolerance towards hunting getting better. Although posing in front of Simba is not going to be popular. Deer, turkey, fish etc. have been accepted. African game will always be questionable. I myself do not care for it, but am not going to protest it.

The other interesting thing about game farms is that people are hating against animals being raised solely for hunting. Like it's any different than cattle and chicken...

• Like 1

I'm not sure we're losing in a big way. I think general culture is pushing towards freedom. Freedom to marry who you want, freedom to express your beliefs etc. I've seen tolerance towards hunting getting better. Although posing in front of Simba is not going to be popular. Deer, turkey, fish etc. have been accepted. African game will always be questionable. I myself do not care for it, but am not going to protest it.

The other interesting thing about game farms is that people are hating against animals being raised solely for hunting. Like it's any different than cattle and chicken...

You may not have noticed the states where mountain lion hunting has been eliminated even to the point of creating documented dangers for humans. Or maybe the various states where bear hunting has been restricted and eliminated (even if only for a while). This uproar on Facebook is only the latest indicator of intolerance toward hunting. Perhaps you have to have lived back in the 50's when high school kids used to have opening day of deer season and opening day of trout season as an acceptable excuse for absence before the changes get to be super obvious to you. Or maybe you need to have experienced the open discussions each Monday morning at work of the hunting activities from the weekend where even those who didn't hunt used to gather to hear the stories, before you can see the anti-hunting cultural evolution. Or maybe you need to have experienced the farm culture decades back where hunting was simply a part of growing up and a normal topic of conversation around the dinner table. The fact is that there was no such thing as PETA, or Friends of Animals. etc. So not only is there no growing tolerance for hunting, quite to the contrary, the indoctrination of anti hunting, anti-trapping and even in some cases, anti-fishing philosophes in schools, and society is very much alive and well and thriving.