What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Trying to clean out the freezer for the upcoming seasons.

Grilled, bacon wrapped pheasant strips brushed with bourbon maple syrup at the end. Sides were oven roasted sweet potato and sauteed spinach.

The wife and I have had pheasant, duck, venison (twice) and goose breast this past week...love it!

pheasant.jpg

• Like 4

On 9/24/2019 at 3:04 PM, goosifer said:

Food in Italy has been surprisingly plain, to the point of being bland at times. They like to enjoy the natural flavors of  the fresh food. They also don't use butter in cooking or as a condiment. It's all EVOO. We're in Sorrento now, which caters to English tourists, and thankfully I've been getting butter in restaurants. 

We switched to " I can't believe its not Butter "   years ago .... but I love going out to dinner and putting butter on the bread that's served with dinner !

Salmon with chili teriyaki sauce I think it was it was at city limits Diner in White Plains

I don't know but the fries are really good usually when I go 
A little pricey for what it is so I don't go much .

City limits lol. We are always in the same hood.
When are we having lunch beers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Food in Italy has been surprisingly plain, to the point of being bland at times. They like to enjoy the natural flavors of  the fresh food. They also don't use butter in cooking or as a condiment. It's all EVOO. We're in Sorrento now, which caters to English tourists, and thankfully I've been getting butter in restaurants. 

You must have been in northern italy

Greek dish called Aegean platter it's made up of spinach pie lamb rice something else that kinda like eggplant parmesan with goat cheese I think   .
Anyway it was good Greek place in Tarrytown on the corner of the main strip .
And bizz they make great lamb chops over there  
20190918_194210.thumb.jpg.1f8fa90c41671ae57d5daa1769858b6e.jpg

Leftiris place is great

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Recipe please?!?!?

Sure. I never measure but here goes:

First, peel 2 eggplant, slice in 1/2" thick rounds. Brush lightly with olive oil. season w salt & pepper. Place on a baking sheet, bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until slightly wilted.

Meanwhile, brown off 1 lb ground lamb (or deer or ground beef), add 1/2 a diced onion, 3 seeded & chopped large tomatoes, chopped garlic, paprika, a little cinnamon, salt, & pepper. Cook down to a fairly thick sauce consistency, then add some currants, chopped mint, & chopped oregano, and a couple Tbsp of honey. 

Separately, make a cream (bechamel) sauce with 2 cups of milk, medium consistency. Let cool slightly, add 2 egg yolks & 5-6 oz of goat cheese, but don't heat the sauce back up. 

To assemble: In a  9" X 9" baking pan or casserole dish, add a layer of the meat sauce, a layer of grilled eggplant, meat sauce, eggplant, and rest of the meat sauce. Top with the white cheese sauce, sprinkle with parmesan, cover, bake 45 minutes @ 350, remove cover & bake 30 minutes more. Casserole should be brown on top & bubbly. Bon apetit!

Edited by Uncle Nicky
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Hunter007 said:

Greek dish called Aegean platter it's made up of spinach pie lamb rice something else that kinda like eggplant parmesan with goat cheese I think   .

Anyway it was good Greek place in Tarrytown on the corner of the main strip .

And bizz they make great lamb chops over there :) 

20190918_194210.jpg

Yup, there is one in Ridge Hill too I think

• Like 2