Mayor Miner Offers to Aide in Servicing Immigrant Children in Syracuse

Could some of the thousands of child refugees from Central American soon be calling Central New York their temporary home? Bill Carey says officials in Syracuse say they have no problems offering the city and its many refugee services to help ease the immigration crisis.

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Passing motorists may wonder by protesters have gathered outside facilities that use to be home to the Sisters of St, Francis.

The protest has its origins in Central America; a flood of young children fleeing violence, hoping to win refugee status in America.

Across the country, there have been protests when officials have even talked of providing shelter to the children.

Now, Syracuse's mayor says she wants the city to do just that.

"I've been reacting to what I see as the plight of the children. It's excruciating to think that any child would leave home or have their parents tell them to leave home because of the terror that is in their towns and villages. To make that kind of arduous journey means that the choices that they faced are just unimaginable," said Miner.

We have to help these kids as much as we can. But if we don't draw a line then theses children will come and come and come. It will overwhelm us. We need to take care of these kids and get them back home A.S.A.P.

I wonder how Mayor Stephie would feel about these kids being relocated to ……oohhh lets say…..uuuhhhhmmm …...SKANEATLES???????!!!  Im sure Steph would be fine with it…LOL!!  $$$$$$$$$$

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

They need to put them on a plane and send them all back, and at the same time build that fence, put National Guard on border and more Border Patrol agents.

Sounds good. Makes more jobs and would make the border a bit more safe. I know there kids but if you could track what happens to the higher percent of them I bet it leads to jail or links with cartel. We dont need no more of a miny mexico in Syracuse lol.

We have to help these kids as much as we can. But if we don't draw a line then theses children will come and come and come. It will overwhelm us. We need to take care of these kids and get them back home A.S.A.P.

I wonder how Mayor Stephie would feel about these kids being relocated to ……oohhh lets say…..uuuhhhhmmm …...SKANEATLES???????!!!  Im sure Steph would be fine with it…LOL!!  $$$$$$$$$$

Skaneateles lake would be perfect for the refugee children to go to live and learn how to swim and water ski from the residents and get away from inner city Syracuse. Perfect.

Are you ppl not watching the news...Let me be clear in this question.... many news sources so you can figure out what is REALLY happening here? Well I see at least 3 of you might be....Americans today......Wearing rose colored glasses while standing knee deep in shit...

Are you ppl not watching the news...Let me be clear in this question.... many news sources so you can figure out what is REALLY happening here? Well I see at least 3 of you might be....Americans today......Wearing rose colored glasses while standing knee deep in shit...

Would you please elaborate / clarify what you mean ...............

Posted Today, 06:22 AM

growalot, on 18 Jul 2014 - 07:04 AM, said:snapback.png

Would you please elaborate / clarify what you mean ...............

Why yes I will...You are one of the 3 I mentioned

scheme...what a garbage word

Start taking a closer look at the European situation over the last decade...then follow those dots to the UN....when you finish there, look at the Democratic parties crazy need to be liked and included in anything...follow those dots to the UN...Now finally take a peek behind the curtain and listen to the UN and Europe saying...It's about damn time those upstarts get a taste of what we have been dealing with.....

Not a scheme just power,politics and money pushed by a huge distain for Americans...

• Like 2

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Now it reads "No Vacancy"

There is also a rumor that they want to fix up & house some in an old wal-mart store in Batavia, NY. I can't put my grand kids on an amusement ride if they are shorter than 43" but yet they can/will send & except young kids with out parents alone to another country!! I say turn them around & send them all back at the border!!

• Like 2

NY. I can't put my grand kids on an amusement ride if they are shorter than 43" but yet they can/will send & except young kids with out parents alone to another country!!

Why hunter 49 don't you know...they do that for your childs safety! YET they are trucking these kids around the US with out medical back grounds,vaccinations and testing to see what diseases they are spreading once they are dropped of and then disappear.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/07/02/medical-staff-warned-keep-quiet-about-illegal-immigrants-or-face-arrest/

• Like 1

A lot of people are also rabid supporters of the Leftist regime and will stay lockstep with their agenda no matter what they do.

They've accepted all of the propaganda they've heard for years and refuse to even consider other opinions.

They are told what to think, because they don't know how to think.