DMP'S

deerhunter1699

Just got mine online 8P and 1C. The only thing I had trouble with was editing my mailing address. I put the new address in but later on in the selection choices two of my old addresses came up as active. It only let me delete them at the end of the process when you double check your information. Off we go 2014 hunting season!

I am leasing this year in 7M. I filled out the DMP tags for my landowner because he had never applied. Hes a landowner so should get preference. Theres a place on the application for my info as the leasee. Does anyone know whether they will be sending tags to the landowner or me?  I don't really understand the whole process I guess. Can you BUY DMP tags? I thought it was some type of lottery or distribution process. I had the landowner sign it and I sent it in, I didn't send any money with it. Will I find out if I got any tags by mail, and then have to pay the $10 each?   Any help?

Got both for 8g tday... Went to gander n asked if they were working , two kids looked at me , nope n went back to what they were doin... Third. Time I've been there n still not working or too lazy to check , dunno... Funny thing though , went over to dicks , had any problems with the dmp's , nope... Great lets do it... Ended up walkin out with a new muddy set too.. Muddy lite stand n four sticks for 140 bucks.. Can't beat that...

It's funny that when I go to buy a license at a retail store and say I'm a land owner they want to see my tax payment receipt but if I buy online no problem. This happened a couple of years ago at a store on L.I. the kid was right in asking for it but what the heck you just go online and get the permits. I just wonder if I gave someone else my ID numbers what would happen?????

Edited by First-light

We are a NYS license issuing agent,  on "our end" of the screen when issuing a license the system will not let you continue and will NOT issue a landowner tag without the current tax info updated. I dont know what it is like on "your end".as I've only done licensing as a dealer,cant understand how you can get the guaranteed tag without updating your current tax info but hey thats DEC!

As far as giving your ID info to someone else don't try it! Believe it or not DEC tracks all that info and can lead to a big problem.

We had an instance where a man gave some false info and had to go upstate to answer to charges to the local ECO

Apparantly DEC takes issuing of DMP's very serious and follows up on any fishy circumstances

You misunderstood what I meant..When I said "my end" I mean when we sign on to the new accela program the screen on the computer for a dealer may be different,, but it should be the same you have to put in the swis code,parcel,etc and update the year.Without that info you will not be entered in the DMP drawing as a landowner and will not recieve your guaranteed tag..You are not allowed to get a tag for you and your wife,your son,etc..if you are a landowner.According to the DEC website only 1 tag can be issued per parcel and the owner's name must appear on tax bill. A landowner's spouse can get the tag but not the landowner AND the spouse..only 1 tag per parce per WMUl.If its owned by a corporation the applicants name must appear on the bill or a current  letter from the company stating he is allowed to get the tag.I'm relaying this info as a fellow hunter to help not to start any debates....Say what you want about the DEC but I can tell you eventually they do follow up on this info and I'm just trying to help someone stay out of trouble.

Edited by LI OUTDOORSMAN

We are a NYS license issuing agent,  on "our end" of the screen when issuing a license the system will not let you continue and will NOT issue a landowner tag without the current tax info updated. I dont know what it is like on "your end".as I've only done licensing as a dealer,cant understand how you can get the guaranteed tag without updating your current tax info but hey thats DEC!

As far as giving your ID info to someone else don't try it! Believe it or not DEC tracks all that info and can lead to a big problem.

We had an instance where a man gave some false info and had to go upstate to answer to charges to the local ECO

Apparantly DEC takes issuing of DMP's very serious and follows up on any fishy circumstances

Good info-thanks.

Dang...still haven't gone...what is wrong with me?!!!...Clerk use to laugh I was always her Monday morning test subject...probably just not too concerned about hitting a tag for camp this year...maybe Monday morning...Just hope they remember to mail the life times in a timely manner....

• 2 weeks later...

OMG!!! Lol.....I was in waly world for 1.5 hrs last night. .nobody anywhere. I finally get some help, and the poor kid doesn't have a clue.. Finally we get to the printing off of my tags and it takes 4 separate runs.. we are sorting through 20' of tags picking the ones from each run that are printed in the correct spot.. Finally I have all of my tags .. I tell him that all those extras need to be shredded , I told him this twice and he even offered them to me so I could shred them..I told him no I didn't want to get him in trouble. Like I said no clue, but he was trying..

What's October 24th?

That is when we leave New Hampshire to hunt NY

2 years ago DEC never sent them in the mail called many times they found them sitting on someones desk got them 2 days before we left

& I always go online in August to get my license

Edited by gfdeputy2
  • Like 1

OMG!!! Lol.....I was in waly world for 1.5 hrs last night. .nobody anywhere. I finally get some help, and the poor kid doesn't have a clue.. Finally we get to the printing off of my tags and it takes 4 separate runs.. we are sorting through 20' of tags picking the ones from each run that are printed in the correct spot.. Finally I have all of my tags .. I tell him that all those extras need to be shredded , I told him this twice and he even offered them to me so I could shred them..I told him no I didn't want to get him in trouble. Like I said no clue, but he was trying..

LOL..Did you get your tags for the park?