Anyone else not

Woodjr55

Have a single buck on cam? I have had 4 cameras out for a while now and haven't see a buck on them since may. I have tons of pics of fawns and does and other critters. Anyone else have a similar situation. I'm not too worried because I have enough does on my property to bring some bucks in I just want to see some velvet

I haven't checked my cams since they were hung.  Unfortunately I have no plans to check them for quite awhile also.   Kind of a bummer, kind of like looking at presents under the tree for weeks without opening them..........................................errrrrrr.

I wouldn't sweat it.. 8 cams year round..bucksdisappear after may..show up end of august. My neighbor about a mile down the road has them all summer but leave his place and head to mine end of august. Its about food and habitat..bucks are growing horns and will have different needs than does while doing so. Once their horns start to harden they require different food to put on weight. Happens to me every year,finally got my neighbor to understand that itsdoesn't help to get excited in July over a few pics as bucks seem to have different seasonal needs and unless you have the (fall/winter needs) youwon't see good bucks as they seem to take over the best spots. (See my pic in my hope iI get a shot at post in trail cams section)

The first month that I had my cams out, I only had pics of 3 bucks. And even then, it was only 1 pic of 2 different bucks and 4-5 pics of another. Not a lot! Then, I moved all my cams 300-400 yards deeper into the woods. Now, it seems like most of the pics that I get are bucks!

• Like 1