stuck shot gun choke

wasnt pretty but got it with out damaging barrel choke is toast tho, long story short slightly moved it with  choke tool i got but both tool and choke stripped and tool would not grip, so found a chisel just about 12 ga size tapped it down and that bit into walls of choke and was able to unscrew it . I did soak it in penetrating oil 3 days also

Edited by land 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, land 1 said:

wasnt pretty but got it with out damaging barrel choke is toast tho, long story short slightly moved it with  choke tool i got but both tool and choke stripped and tool would not grip, so found a chisel just about 12 ga size tapped it down and that bit into walls of choke and was able to unscrew it . I did soak it in penetrating oil 3 days also

Did that mess up the threading on the barrel ? 

no on most remington guns the threading is at the bottom of the choke , not right at the end of the barrell, only drove the the chisel down maybe  1/2 -3/4 of an inch,an the chisel never mad contact with barrel either just the choke 

Edited by land 1