Wow, this forum provider REALLY doesn't want people to use it, does it?

cas

3 hours ago, Doc said:

And yet......Here you are.

So only those who agree with the half dozen of you left on this forum are allowed to read it or post anything??  Attitudes like that are what contributed to this forum becoming the wasteland it has become.  And I'm far from the only one who thinks that I can assure you.

47 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Attitudes like that are what contributed to this forum becoming the wasteland it has become. 

I totally disagree I think this board is the best it has ever been but I can see why you would make a post like that, seeing you have never made a worthwhile useful hunting-outdoor post here that I can remember. 

Instead of trying to trash the place while don't post something that a NY hunter would find helpful, my message board philosophy has always been if a reader learns just one tip it was worth the time for me to write it and apparently worth the time for them to read it.

Al

• Like 3

And how many new members joined in the past yr? 

I still visit the site because it does have some good members.  I've never bashed the site, but it has no leadership. I will bash the owner who is absent and let a great site go downhill.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steve863 said:

So only those who agree with the half dozen of you left on this forum are allowed to read it or post anything??  Attitudes like that are what contributed to this forum becoming the wasteland it has become.  And I'm far from the only one who thinks that I can assure you.

When the other site started, this site became tolerable again.

Now your back causing trouble and slinging mud.

Did you get tired of reading about what others had for dinner or what cigar they smoked that night ?

Don't let door hit you where the lord split you.

SJC

• Like 2

14 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Yeah , only 108 members have been on-line on this site in the past 24 hours . Many are those that left for another site and just can't stay away . Things have been running rather smooth since many members left . 

Exactly. And one look at the other site shows that most of the content on there comes from the ones that lived on this site. Not a whole lot missed there. 

1 minute ago, Four Seasons said:

Who gives two shits. Do you keep going back to see your worst piece of azzz?  Exactly. The ones like you, him and the old man that keep coming back here to talk bullshit speaks volume. Uselessness!!

So that would be no.  

Good job. 

12 hours ago, mowin said:

And how many new members joined in the past yr? 

I still visit the site because it does have some good members.  I've never bashed the site, but it has no leadership. I will bash the owner who is absent and let a great site go downhill.  

And without the owner over there coming over here sucking members that site would have nobody. Even with open doors and invites to all. You call getting 1 maybe 2 new members a month’s successful venture. Perfect!!

1 minute ago, Four Seasons said:

And without the owner over there coming over here sucking members that site would have nobody. Even with open doors and invites to all. You call getting 1 maybe 2 new members a month’s successful venture. Perfect!!

And how many members are signing up here?  For someone who claims they don't spend time over there, you seem to know a lot about it. 

Wouldn't doubt if you have a account. 

Yep.. perfect.. 

Edited by mowin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

When the other site started, this site became tolerable again.

Now your back causing trouble and slinging mud.

Did you get tired of reading about what others had for dinner or what cigar they smoked that night ?

Don't let door hit you where the lord split you.

SJC

So,So true. Amazing how some have such a sad life that they have to live on a computer site to have companionship. 

1 minute ago, mowin said:

And how many members are signing up here?  

Yep.. perfect.. 

2 minutes ago, mowin said:

Yep.. perfect.. 

As you have seen. Those real people that stayed are ok with that if that’s the way it has to be. Much better a few real than a site full of fake. Now are you not needed over there to make sure the what 6-7 mods are keeping the monkeys in their cages?

14 hours ago, airedale said:

I totally disagree I think this board is the best it has ever been but I can see why you would make a post like that, seeing you have never made a worthwhile useful hunting-outdoor post here that I can remember. 

Instead of trying to trash the place while don't post something that a NY hunter would find helpful, my message board philosophy has always been if a reader learns just one tip it was worth the time for me to write it and apparently worth the time for them to read it.

Al

Boy you have never made a truer statement there. So called sportsmen on a hunting/fishing site yet never Anything useful on the subjects. Ever!

17 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

As you have seen. Those real people that stayed are ok with that if that’s the way it has to be. Much better a few real than a site full of fake. Now are you not needed over there to make sure the what 6-7 mods are keeping the monkeys in their cages?

Why would anyone be ok with a site that can't grow? That's insane.  You and everyone else that are defending the owner should be pissed off.  Members make a site successful, weather you like that member or not.  Being ok with no growth and no direction shows how out of touch with reality you are. 

How did this topic go from asking about all the adds popping up to bashing each other??  Reading some of this stuff and the bashing of each other is why some people left here from talking to them. Some always wrong. Some always right no matter what the subject. Now, back to the adds. I’m good with the pop ups on top of screen on the laptop or on the bottom of the screen on the phone. But the whole page adds, anytime a topic is opened is getting frustrating. 

6 minutes ago, mowin said:

Why would anyone be ok with a site that can't grow? That's insane.  You and everyone else that are defending the owner should be pissed off.  Members make a site successful, weather you like that member or not.  Being ok with no growth and no direction shows how out of touch with reality you are. 

Well first of all nobody agrees with any of it. Second as you have seen with your open door policy you are not getting new members. You are pretty much living with what the other owner sucked off this site…Thank him for us. My touch of reality would tell me you are probably looking for a different word then…Weather. 

37 minutes ago, mowin said:

Who cares, I don't, this site has 9000 members, this hangup on new members don't mean squat on an open board, Anyone interested can log on to the board and read it's content and that is what hundreds of folks do every day.

Get it in your damned heads, this site is what it is and has been this way for years that is the bottom line. My advice to those who do not care for it is to hit the road instead of coming here and bashing with your cheap shots because things are not going to change and personally I like the board the way it is.

Al

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Boy you have never made a truer statement there. So called sportsmen on a hunting/fishing site yet never Anything useful on the subjects. Ever!

And this morning rant of yours Mayor, pertains to hunting/fishing???  

There is absolutely NO competition between this forum and that. Get over it!!! Both are going their own way. I understand the sense of loyalty some have here. Heck, I've been a member here for years myself. Still some good people here too. That's the only reason I come to visit. And still try to contribute when I can. 

Besides ranting and raving like always. I don't see you contributing much here Mayor. For years you were only disagreeable and mean spirited to anyone who didn't follow your 'gameplan'. It has ALWAYS been about YOU!! You're the best at EVERYTHING, ALWAYS!! Right?? The actual contributions you've made here over many years are minimal at best. Now as self appointed Mayor of HuntingNY, YOU have tried become the  "leader" here. People like YOU are not leaders. Only in your own mind you are. You never spoke for me and never will. I don't need any outdoor advice from YOU.

There are others here I do respect very much. And my apologies to them for not contributing hunting/fishing in this post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, grampy said:

And this morning rant of yours Mayor, pertains to hunting/fishing???  

There is absolutely NO competition between this forum and that. Get over it!!! Both are going their own way. I understand the sense of loyalty some have here. Heck, I've been a member here for years myself. Still some good people here too. That's the only reason I come to visit. And still try to contribute when I can. 

Besides ranting and raving like always. I don't see you contributing much here Mayor. For years you were only disagreeable and mean spirited to anyone who didn't follow your 'gameplan'. It has ALWAYS been about YOU!! You're the best at EVERYTHING, ALWAYS!! Right?? The actual contributions you've made here over many years are minimal at best. Now as self appointed Mayor of HuntingNY, YOU have tried become the  "leader" here. People like YOU are not leaders. Only in your own mind you are. You never spoke for me and never will. I don't need any outdoor advice from YOU.

There are others here I do respect very much. And my apologies to them for not contributing hunting/fishing in this post.

You’re sounding a little Jelly there old man. Do a little research and you will probably find I have posted more successful hunts of top animals than most over the last like 15 years. Let alone all the vermin and waterfowl hunts. And Yourself?? Can’t say i have ever seen any.  The only competition is the few idiots that find the need to come back on this site every few weeks to bash it. Trust me, with 1000 acres of pure outdoor heaven and 200 head of the best animal a person can raise I don’t have a hell of a lot of time to live on a computer and lead anything. But keep that envy going. It looks good on ya!!

Edited by Four Seasons

8 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

You’re sounding a little Jelly there old man. Do a little research and you will probably find I have posted more successful hunts of top animals than most over the last like 15 years. Let alone all the vermin and waterfowl hunts. And Yourself?? Can’t say i have ever seen any.  The only competition is the few idiots that find the need to come back on this site every few weeks to bash it. Trust me, with 1000 acres of pure outdoor heaven and 200 head of the best animal a person can raise I don’t have a hell of a lot of time to live on a computer and lead anything. But keep that envy going. It looks good on ya!!

See.....It's always ALL about "You" isn't it Mayor.......  YOU are always the best. Everything that YOU have and do are the best. Better than anyone else. Right??

Nope, no envy here on my part. Just pity for you. A sad little man, that needs to brag on a computer to feel good about himself.

I don't need to flaunt any of my accomplishments. Those that matter most are well aware of them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, grampy said:

See.....It's always ALL about "You" isn't it Mayor.......  YOU are always the best. Everything that YOU have and do are the best. Better than anyone else. Right??

Nope, no envy here on my part. Just pity for you. A sad little man, that needs to brag on a computer to feel good about himself.

I don't need to flaunt any of my accomplishments. Those that matter most are well aware of them.

That jealousy is all in your mind. I have friends and partners that put my 1000 acres and 200 head of animals to shame. No brag… Just fact. Talk about living on a computer thru others success. How many posts do you have?  Maybe it’s time for a life even in the late stages. Your accomplishments?  You do nothing but tell everyone that…. We Love Pic’s. Yet you throw none? Hmmmm. Sounds like you should hook up with the weightlifter YouTube poster and Bello. Oh wait, That’s right… You Are. Perfect Fit. Enjoy. Time to go put up more fence. Gotta keep them 200 inchers fat and happy. 

3 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

That jealousy is all in your mind. I have friends and partners that put my 1000 acres and 200 head of animals to shame. No brag… Just fact. Talk about living on a computer thru others success. How many posts do you have?  Maybe it’s time for a life even in the late stages. Your accomplishments?  You do nothing but tell everyone that…. We Love Pic’s. Yet you throw none? Hmmmm. Sounds like you should hook up with the weightlifter YouTube poster and Bello. Oh wait, That’s right… You Are. Perfect Fit. Enjoy. Time to go put up more fence. Gotta keep them 200 inchers fat and happy. 

If you think you are somehow more respected than Grampy on this or any forum you are even more delusional than we first figured.  That is pretty much all I need to say.

• Like 3

It's a shame when members who joined another site have to come back here and trash talk on this site . Since several members have left , members on this site with few posts have dared to come out and make posts without fear of retaliation . This site has improved with the loss of antagonistic members . 

• Like 2