legal

xironman

Standard cap lock and flint lock muzzle loaders do not require an FFL transfer.  You can buy one at a dealer and just walk out with it, no NICS required.  You can have one mailed to your home as well.

Black powder pistols require an FFL transfer, NICS and a pistol permit.

Edited by Grouse

• 2 weeks later...

Still no luck selling. t/c 50 cal renegate flint $500, t/c 54 cal hawkin flint $600, t/c 50 cal blue firestorm flint $650, cva 50 cal mt rifle flint $600, t/c 50 cal renegade cap $350, t/c 50 cal scout cap $400, t/c 54 cal scout cap $450, rem 700 ml $650

Might want to read the most recent Kathy laws, I don't think "doesn't count as.." applies anymore sadly. 

No offense meant, the Scouts, depending on condition and wood vs synthetic, are priced to current market, maybe even a hair low.  But the others are up there. 

Edited by cas

I visited my FFL yesterday and asked him if muzzleloaders will now require a NICS check and was surprised to hear he couldn't say for sure.  Apparently, most FFL's have not been adequately informed on the details of the law taking effect on 9/13.  He said confusion is very high and many are angry about it.  He's not sure where this will lead or how things are going to shake out, but he doesn't think it will be good.

• Sad 1