My new lease

First-light

So you guys know I leased 70 acres across the road from me. We are in it to buy when the time is right. The guys we took it from were from the next town over. We really never cared for them, nor did the neighbors. Shooting after dark, alcohol in the woods and on. It has all been going fine until today. Hopefully this was a one time thing but I hear a car way down the road horn blaring. He just drives all the way to the end of lease baring the horn. Then drives off. I recognized the car and knew it was them. I was in a stand where I could see the road. I'm sure it was the youngster of the bunch and he got it out of his system. I have their old posted sign name and address. Partners in my lease are a NYS Trooper Detective and a Suffolk County Detective. If it keeps up they will get a visit! I get that they must be upset they lost the lease but they were paying 1k for 70 acres. Got to stay with the times and offer the going rate or owner will take other offers. Didn't see anything today think it was the horn??? lol

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, First-light said:

So you guys know I leased 70 acres across the road from me. We are in it to buy when the time is right. The guys we took it from were from the next town over. We really never cared for them, nor did the neighbors. Shooting after dark, alcohol in the woods and on. It has all been going fine until today. Hopefully this was a one time thing but I hear a car way down the road horn blaring. He just drives all the way to the end of lease baring the horn. Then drives off. I recognized the car and knew it was them. I was in a stand where I could see the road. I'm sure it was the youngster of the bunch and he got it out of his system. I have their old posted sign name and address. Partners in my lease are a NYS Trooper Detective and a Suffolk County Detective. If it keeps up they will get a visit! I get that they must be upset they lost the lease but they were paying 1k for 70 acres. Got to stay with the times and offer the going rate or owner will take other offers. Didn't see anything today think it was the horn??? lol

Jealousy and entitled attitude.. smh

If they lost the lease , did they counter with a higher offer. I am guessing not.

Be proactive. Get the word out now that you and your other lessee's have zero tolerance for BS. Check your lease rights again for what actions you can take and what your legal authority is. The sooner everyone understands the new situation and that you're not too be screwed with the better. Sounds like you have several options to get the word out. Use them now. Lay the foundation today. When the time comes to purchase it'll be easier.

Unsolicited advice, sorry. But I've been to that dance too many times. Hunting private land as a guest, lessee on several properties, owned several properties. Hunting makes people stupid. Don't let it ruin your good times afield. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, silent death said:

Hunt vosburg swamp in coxackie I swear it's the worst place for hunter harassment people are allowed to walk in there with no orange nothing as long as they ain't hunting and make all the noise they want. 

Try this Coeymans Creek Wildlife Management Area ... just north of Coxsackie  , there is Parking there !

https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/118954.html

• Like 1