Another Question....Yep, I might have a few....

DirtTime

I have some items on CL for sale, and if they sell, I am thinking about picking up this bow;

http://www.amazon.com/Wizard-Archery-Lbs-Compound-Bow/dp/B00FATX878/ref=sr_1_3?s=hunting-fishing&ie=UTF8&qid=1413332632&sr=1-3&keywords=compound+bow

Anyone know much about the company. Like the reviews say, not much info. I know that should be a red flag, but I also know that many a company gives quality products and it's hard to find real data on the product.

Edited by CyanideRob

I am just looking at the big stuff, limbs, cams, string, etc...The reviews and price seem a bit to much to be real. I have the sight, rest, quiver, putting a new string stop isn't an extreme amount, just don't want the thing exploding in my face.

Seeing this is the only hunting site I am a member of, I figured I would ask.

As for the CL items, a leather jacket my g/f got me last X-Mas, and never fit. Too small. A Jackson guitar with some accesories. Sorry no hunting gear.

Not EBay.....The bow I am using now I got on CL. $50. Came with a sight, and an arrow rest/overdraw system. I put a new rest and sights on it. It's doing fine, for a '94 PSE. I am very happy with it, and very confident in the bow and my skill. But, we all look at new stuff. So, I wanted to ask people who have been bow hunting in the years I was not, what they think about a product. That salesman will sell you anything you want. Or, you can order anything you want from the web. Getting feedback from people who may know the product is better then going in half baked and getting stuck.

Um, and I really don't mean this to be arrogant or rude, but please call me Rob or Cy. I will not get into what "Bob" makes most people think of.... :negative:  LOL

Haha I figured you would google it for me.  Just using a ploy off the Rage name I guess.  Chinese have enough of our money as it is.  Id pass and be looking for a bow that your local archery dealer can support and service.  It may be just me but an internet purchase on a bow or firearm is not something I would do anyhow. 

• Like 2

No, the model of the bow is Rage, and its made by Wizard Archery Bows. Chineese.

Google it, youll find the info on it.

I have Googled this bow. I find nothing saying where it's from or who really makes it. You have some links to your comments? Not being a d$ck here, but, not liking something due to wher it's made isn't productive to me. Hoyt aren't even made in the USA! Made in Korea!

Here's a link.........:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1045463

So, if you have a link to the actual company it might be helpful. Not everything made in China is crap. That's sort of racist.

Cy

"Hoyt aren't even made in the USA! Made in Korea!"

but they will stand behind their product not trying to be a jerk here but I will agree with most.

You would be better off with even a used name brand bow

what would happen if something went wrong with that bow in the midddle of archery season?

good luck finding parts fast. My local bow shop has great used bows for that price

another point I will never buy a bow without handling it or shooting it

Edited by gfdeputy2
  • Like 1

Valid points made by gfdeputy. Where do you get replacement parts? How tunable is it? Can it be adjusted for DL/DW? Not to mention you've never picked it up or shot it. I'd steer clear. Not sure what your budget for a bow is, but you can do a lot better than that for around the same amount of money.

I have Googled this bow. I find nothing saying where it's from or who really makes it. You have some links to your comments? Not being a d$ck here, but, not liking something due to wher it's made isn't productive to me. Hoyt aren't even made in the USA! Made in Korea!

Here's a link.........:

So, if you have a link to the actual company it might be helpful. Not everything made in China is crap. That's sort of racist.

racist? Its not racist in the least, where the heck do you come off with that? its a knock off made with sub par materials. If you want to waste your money on junk, feel free, I could care less. When the string lasts less than a season or the limbs blow up, or you have cam wear issues, dont be shocked lol.

Oh and BTW, dont believe everythign you read, Hoyts are made in the USA, that thread on AT is bogus in the beginning, the OP even later apologizes and recinds what he said.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187361

• Like 1

Here's a link.........:

It would be racist to say that Chinese products are crap because the Chinese are stupid.  It's not racist to point out these Chinese products are cheaply made and sacrifice quality and durability to hit a lower price point.  Pointing out where a bow is made is VERY helpful to you.

There are a lot of fine used bows for sale on Craigslist that you can check out in person before buying.  Good luck selling your stuff.

• Like 1

I waffle on things like this...I certainly think I wouldn't use a bow made in China for the aformentioned quality and safety.

Yet, I'm usually 15ft up in a stand made in China. I think I feel better in that it's usually a quality control made by the wholesaler/retailing company that imports them. This seems like there's not a strong U.S. distributor who owns this product per say.

I wouldn't waste the money on that. You could get a lower level bow used one year for that price that in my mind, would be a better, safer option. Bear/PSE offer alot of low end packages that will work wonderfully with a few swap outs of the accessories.

• Like 2