buying on line ammo

sbuff

There are still some online retailers who will sell and ship ammo to NY. Much fewer than there used to be, but they do exist.

IANAL - The current thinking is that it is still permitted to buy/sell ammo online because that provision is not active until the database is up and running. The big retailers caved immediately because they didn't want to deal with the hassle of NY.

There are still some online retailers who will sell and ship ammo to NY. Much fewer than there used to be, but they do exist.

IANAL - The current thinking is that it is still permitted to buy/sell ammo online because that provision is not active until the database is up and running. The big retailers caved immediately because they didn't want to deal with the hassle of NY.

Why keep them  a secret? Tell us who.

Why keep them  a secret? Tell us who.

It has been suggested that posting that information in a public forum is a bad idea. Big Brother is watching. The information is out there on a few message boards like this, but I don't want to make it any easier for the keystone cops to figure it out.

PM sent to you and pistolp71

A little off topic but just as ridiculous......I bought my Pistol in NYC which came with a magazine. When I went to order more of the same identical magazines on-line I get the message "These cannot be mailed to New York State". So I can buy them here but they can't be mailed here.......Hmmmmmm

A little off topic but just as ridiculous......I bought my Pistol in NYC which came with a magazine. When I went to order more of the same identical magazines on-line I get the message "These cannot be mailed to New York State". So I can buy them here but they can't be mailed here.......Hmmmmmm

Buy them off eBay they will ship here

I made a suggestion a month or so ago that folks should not be posting "work-around solutions" to the up-coming ammo background checks. Vendors who still sell to NYS gun enthusiasts should be praised, welcomed, and have their contact info posted, by all means. It's all still legal in this state. The vendors need our support, and we need theirs.

My point in that post regarding the work-arounds was to not let the lawmakers know where the weaknesses are in their regulations. Posting that you will be able to circumvent the law (as currently written) by doing such and such in the future just makes their job that much easier when the law is amended and actually put in place.

The only issue with this the law about those convicted of a domestic crime. Even harassment, and you cannot own, or POSESS a firearm OR ammunition. Anyone selling to these people can do time right along side the buyer. Or a known violent fellon getting his bullets from the web and shooting people.

I am not for all the weapon and ammo control, but they do have a few valid points.

This just MHO, and not meant to make anyone angry.

Pm sent jrm.