Just shot a deer could use some help

BowWeldingJohn

HEY! Shouldn't you be in skool?

I thought that as well. School, and driving after 9 at 16?

Still feel Deer Search could have been called. With everyone using cell phones in the field, the owner could have been called. But, it's over now. Sorry you lost that deer, and hope you learned something. Better luck on the next hunt.

Wow grow are you sure it wasnt just what the guy who came out wanted not what was needed? I have never heard of needing all of that. Buddy of mine has used them a couple of times in last few years. I have been there each time when the came out all they asked was do you have permission to be on property and where is last blood and where was deer shot. Took them to the spots and the track was on we were with them the whole time and found both deer. The dog was great the dog went one way and my buddy said no the deer did not go that way. Guess what? the dog was right. The next time he called them he just let the dog lead us and didn't question it.

Just got back from were I shot her cleaned up all my tissues marking the blood trail. As I was down there I went down wind and didn't smell anything dead.

Also no crows in sight. Maybe she survived?

Good job son.  Are you Mennonite?

We have a VERY nice young man on here that is a frequent poster and he is Mennonite.

Edited by Lawdwaz

I asked about the driving because you were pretty vague on the whole thing. They way it sounded, it seemed like you have to travel a bit to get your spot.

Was no malice intended. Just a comment.

Talk to the land owner though, get a written permission for DS to go in there. Just in case.

Stubby don't have anything to compare it to...he is the only time I had to call...and was very very professional about the whole thing...when he called the DEC he gave my name and tag #...had all paper work filled out...but seeing I would be the one getting ticketed I'm glad he insisted I had the permission first...I'm glad he wanted to inform me and show me about how shot placements can differ than our perception and told me they are trained to listen well and figure out what really happened at the shot...

I asked about the driving because you were pretty vague on the whole thing. They way it sounded, it seemed like you have to travel a bit to get your spot.

Was no malice intended. Just a comment.

Talk to the land owner though, get a written permission for DS to go in there. Just in case.

Oh, Know I am lucky enough to have access to 300 acres right across from my house..

I asked some locals earlier they said hes kind of hard headed and know one has been able to get permisson. I'll ask anyhow though.

Good job son.  Are you Mennonite?

We have a VERY nice young man on here that is a frequent poster and he is Mennonite.

No I am not.

I was just raised to respect nature and to leave it cleaner then how you found.

He meant me. Lawdwaz and I have a growing, nurturing, very respectful friendship budding.

Don't sweat it John. Just do your best.

Edited by JustRob

Stubby don't have anything to compare it to...he is the only time I had to call...and was very very professional about the whole thing...when he called the DEC he gave my name and tag #...had all paper work filled out...but seeing I would be the one getting ticketed I'm glad he insisted I had the permission first...I'm glad he wanted to inform me and show me about how shot placements can differ than our perception and told me they are trained to listen well and figure out what really happened at the shot...

when I belonged to Deer Search I had the form for the hunter to sign stating that they had permission and that was supposed to put any trespassing violations fall on the hunter.

Just got back from were I shot her cleaned up all my tissues marking the blood trail. As I was down there I went down wind and didn't smell anything dead.

Also no crows in sight. Maybe she survived?

there is a very good chance she will survive and all the tracking and help would not have made a difference.......people get cut badly every year and bleed like stuck pigs, receive no medical attention and live to tell about it, you made what seems like a very good effort...don't lose any sleep over it....it's a clean cut, not like a gunshot that fills the wound with hair and othe crap, there's stories every year of guys taking deer with healed over wounds and broadheads left in the body and when they shot the deer they appeared perfectly healthy, move on and go get one.

Edited by jjb4900