Just shot a deer could use some help

BowWeldingJohn

Not really enough info here to make a good guess. But AWAYS, when in doubt just back out. I was a deer search tracker for a few years, and have seen a lot of blood trails. Best advice I can give, unless you now have found good blood is to back out and go in at first light. Check the hit sight for hair. What color is it? Then try to pick up where you lost the blood trail. Blood will show much better during daylight. Some good advise already given in previous posts. Good luck to you.

Alright, I decied to call it a night. I'll pick up the search in the morning.

Heres the story, I was hunting some hardwoods near a field And I spotted the doe 125 yards behind me heading my way. It took her about 25 minutes for her to get to me I drew she stopped I let the arrow loose. She dropped right away, copule seconds later she stood up and walk away she then fell again I beileve this is when the arrow broke I could see the arrow did not go all the way threw. She got up again walked away then I lost sight. I waited about a 45 minutes then went after her by then it was dark there was a good amount of blood at the Impact spot.

I was able to follow the blood trail for about 65 yards. Then it stopped I found another blood drop. I will upload a picture of the impact spot in a minute..

Oh she's down alright! I'd be willing to bet that she's didn't go far. If that arrow penetrated 11" then the broadhead is in her opposite shoulder and would be grinding with every step. Be careful gutting her

Edited by PREDATE
  • Like 1