Rut update....still waiting in 7m

NYbuck50

Just seeing what you guys are seeing out there as far as rut activity. I hunted hard this past weekend over places that have scrapes and rubs year in and year out, and im juts not seeing the buck sign on the mountain yet. A few other local spots have good scrapes and rubs, but it seems like things are a little behind this year.  What r u guys seeing?

I hunt 7J and 7M.....both areas are showing minimal scrape activity...at least where I have been through.  Lets hope this comming cold front on Halloween gets things moving.  I havent seen one deer in the woods yet this season, so I'm hoping the weather will churn things up.

I have noticed its a good year for beech nuts and acorns....perhaps the ample food supply is a factor too in limited movement.

I found a fresh scrape this morning (7F) and the ones I found a week ago are still being tended to. The deer I have seen don't seem to be hot yet. A couple small bucks just sniffing around & does acting pretty normal. The neighbor  took a decent buck Friday evening. He said that the buck was just walking the edge of an old food plot, nibbling here and there.  Im thinking things might pick up in the next few days. 

They're real behind this year down in Orange and Westchester.  I've seen spikes chasing does but I think that they do that anyway to have fun and not in full rut mode. Even with the bad weather this weekend, plus the change in temperature, we should see some signs of picking up and more movement. Good luck to all.

I'm only going to get up to to camp one trip this year and have been holding out I've been watching things by where I live and have been seeing rubs but only a few scrapes I'm banking on next week. According to my hunting journal we had a lot of action around November 8th and I missed a nice eight point on the tenth ( camp is in chenango)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Past 2 seasons in 7m where Im at in S Tier its been the very last days of bow season and first week of gun when we have seen the most sign and chasing starting.  Seems its going to be the same this year as well.  Been seeing more deer than years past though. 

Just starting to see some scrape activity and a few new rubs. No chasing, no seeking by me. I'm actually seeing nothing really. We have had cold days but still have a lot.of standing corn. Not sure how it plays a roll but maybe they're holding up in it

8w

Started seeing scrapes 2 weeks ago in my area of 9H. Today saw 3 different bucks chasing doe. One this morning and 2 this afernoon. Just a spike ,little fork horn, and a small 6 but they were taging the does around. Does didn't seem really interested today but soon

I wasn't able to make it to camp in 9p this weekend but the reports I am getting are things are starting to interesting during daylight hours. Camp owner took a 5pt I believe yesterday afternoon with a Xbow, first time he has been in the deer woods during archery season in years.