Gassing before hunting?

zeus1gdsm

Belo tell us all how many 3.5+ old bucks you have killed with your non-slob ways. How many deer have you killed this year using your methods, I know you took a young doe up here but have there been any others?

Really we could push the age higher to true maturity but let's use the common 3.5 years.

sloppy in your opinion.

Whats your opinion on hunters that are out there that dont know the regulations? Are they slobs?

I think a guy that openly admits that they would break a law (like legal shooting times) is a big slob. Hey wait a minute I think I know some one in this thread that would do that!

I think the use of the word "slob" is what's causing you problems.......could you imagine if you have a family member who is overweight and someone has the opinion of them being a slob?, or maybe a handicapped family member who eats a little messy and someone has the opinion of them being a slob?

sloppy in your opinion.

Whats your opinion on hunters that are out there that dont know the regulations? Are they slobs?

yes. And let me cut you off right there, my comment regarding a loaded gun at dark and the doe tags do not indicate I've ever broken one of those rules. There's so many subtle nuances to 6 NYCRR that nobody knows them all. And this I know because working in the environmental field I've read practically the whole thing on water, air and waste and you still can't get it all.

I think the use of the word "slob" is what's causing you problems.......could you imagine if you have a family member who is overweight and someone has the opinion of them being a slob?, or maybe a handicapped family member who eats a little messy and someone has the opinion of them being a slob?

overweight and not having a medical condition causing it is sloppy. handicapped is not your fault. I told you I push for perfection. That includes sound mind and sound body. Maybe it's because I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 5. But there is very little excuse for poor eating and lack of exercise. Treat your body and your mind like a temple and you will live longer, feel better and be happier. All proven through medical research... but hey there I go again being an elitist for wanting people to be healthy.

Edited by Belo

Belo tell us all how many 3.5+ old bucks you have killed with your non-slob ways. How many deer have you killed this year using your methods, I know you took a young doe up here but have there been any others?

Really we could push the age higher to true maturity but let's use the common 3.5 years.

2 possibly 3. At leas 2 have been posted here. Now I hunt on unscouted public land in the south so I'd be happy to fill the freezer this year... But I guess you didn't read my whole rant. It's about odds. It's not about results. Do you load your gun with 3 rounds when you can have 7? Do you go on a date without washing your boys? Don't be silly with what I'm trying to say. I will do whatever I can to increase my odds of getting a mature deer. If that means a good scent control regiment than that's what I'll do. I don't know why I'm even debating it. It's been proven and I'd bet 95% of the BOW hunters on here have some form of scent control program. You're not using tide to wash your gear are you doewhacker?

Given a young family and a career I don't get a lot of time. An excuse I know, but I've been busted drawing, I've flat out missed, I've not taken some risky shots and I've had deer scent me. Still for 7 years of bow hunting that's not too bad.

yes. And let me cut you off right there, my comment regarding a loaded gun at dark and the doe tags do not indicate I've ever broken one of those rules. There's so many subtle nuances to 6 NYCRR that nobody knows them all. And this I know because working in the environmental field I've read practically the whole thing on water, air and waste and you still can't get it all.

overweight and not having a medical condition causing it is sloppy. handicapped is not your fault. I told you I push for perfection. That includes sound mind and sound body. Maybe it's because I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 5. But there is very little excuse for poor eating and lack of exercise. Treat your body and your mind like a temple and you will live longer, feel better and be happier. All proven through medical research... but hey there I go again being an elitist for wanting people to be healthy.

do what I do and don't worry about them.......if the guy wants to pump gas and go hunting, or the 400 pound person wants to eat another bucket of KFC, or the other person wants to drool while eating, good for them, as long as I don't have to go home to them or hunt with them....I do what I do and worry about me and mine.

• Like 1

. It's been proven and I'd bet 95% of the BOW hunters on here have some form of scent control program. You're not using tide to wash your gear are you doewhacker?

Given a young family and a career I don't get a lot of time. An excuse I know, but I've been busted drawing, I've flat out missed, I've not taken some risky shots and I've had deer scent me. Still for 7 years of bow hunting that's not too bad.

Not doewhacker,.  but yeah I use those little tide tablet thingies for everything.....lol ...

2 possibly 3. At leas 2 have been posted here. Now I hunt on unscouted public land in the south so I'd be happy to fill the freezer this year... But I guess you didn't read my whole rant. It's about odds. It's not about results. Do you load your gun with 3 rounds when you can have 7? Do you go on a date without washing your boys? Don't be silly with what I'm trying to say. I will do whatever I can to increase my odds of getting a mature deer. If that means a good scent control regiment than that's what I'll do. I don't know why I'm even debating it. It's been proven and I'd bet 95% of the BOW hunters on here have some form of scent control program. You're not using tide to wash your gear are you doewhacker?

Who aged those deer? I have not seen anything you have killed that is over 2.5 so I guess that means I'm calling BS on those.

Guess what I bow hunt, don't use any scent control, I have a career and young family, new land this year to hunt and I kill more deer than you..lol

This isn't about debating increasing odds, it's about you thinking people are slobs because they don't do things the same way you do. Don't back peddle it makes you a slob.

do what I do and don't worry about them.......if the guy wants to pump gas and go hunting, or the 400 pound person wants to eat another bucket of KFC, or the other person wants to drool while eating, good for them, as long as I don't have to go home to them or hunt with them....I do what I do and worry about me and mine.

It's fair enough. There are generally 2 buckets of hunters that most but not all hunters fall into. Sometimes these online debates get hit because of the 2 different buckets. That 400 pounder at kfc isn't helping your health insurance premiums.

Who aged those deer? I have not seen anything you have killed that is over 2.5 so I guess that means I'm calling BS on those.

Guess what I bow hunt, don't use any scent control, I have a career and young family, new land this year to hunt and I kill more deer than you..lol

This isn't about debating increasing odds, it's about you thinking people are slobs because they don't do things the same way you do. Don't back peddle it makes you a slob.

So now this is a measuring contest with you? I haven't been a member here my whole hunting life, but I suppose you have a secret knowledge of my hunting career.

Why do you fail to acknowledge that my only point was about increasing the odds? I haven't back peddled once. I even expanded upon my list of slobs. I invite you to the south to hunt public land. The rut is still 2 weeks away... But I'm sure your situation is comparable. Is your wife 8 months pregnant too? How old are you?

Edited by WNYBuckHunter

It's fair enough. There are generally 2 buckets of hunters that most but not all hunters fall into. Sometimes these online debates get hit because of the 2 different buckets. That 400 pounder at kfc isn't helping your health insurance premiums.

hahaha.....I knew the Health Insurance comment was coming.

So now this is a dick measuring contest with you? I haven't been a member here my whole hunting life, but I suppose you have a secret knowledge of my hunting career.

Why do you fail to acknowledge that my only point was about increasing the odds? I haven't back peddled once. I even expanded upon my list of slobs.

Do you not remember stating at least 2 were posted here? You just posted that in this thread for Christ sake.

I enjoy pointing out how full of crap you are, someone is a slob because ------ and they don't kill deer and on and on. We all prove you wrong and you try to change the script to "odds" and most interesting is you have a lack of game laws and admit you would break a law to shoot a deer (outside of legal time) and others are slobs? Wow

• Like 1

you could not shower for 3 weeks, rub Limburger cheese all over you hunting clothes,gargle with beer and sit in your stand taking a leak while smoking a cigar.... if you are playing the wind right. My 3 biggest bucks were taken with a cigarette in my hands, besides a bunch of others. They can always come in where we don't expect them but there is NO such thing as being scent free.

Well, something made by Budweiser maybe. But I wouldn't waste a Labbatts like that. ;)

Why take chances on spooking game. I try and fuel up the day before same idea behind ventalation in the camper to minimize food oders.

Works for me I dont burn time on what others think about that.

Anyone ever hear the phrase "10% of hunters kill 90% of the deer" or "90% of the big bucks" ? There's a reason and it's all in the details, just like any successful endeavor. There are no shortcuts to success.

The local great wht hunter loves that saying...infact he took a big 10 this season behind his house......

Only problem is...his wife likes to talk inturn her freinds do to...fed that deer behind is house all summer and fall..took it over...you know what....So there are shortcuts unfortunately :secret::umbrage:

Anyone ever hear the phrase "10% of hunters kill 90% of the deer" or "90% of the big bucks" ? There's a reason and it's all in the details, just like any successful endeavor. There are no shortcuts to success.

hmmm, can 10% of the hunters legally have enough tags to kill 90% of the deer?

So then, is everyone a slob, because "nobody knows them all" or are you just saying that because you have fired off several statements lately that could be construed as you not knowing the regs?

This is spot on.. I wear other shoes and keep my jacket and boots in the back.. When I get out I spray down. Suit up and go.

I fully understand the concept of the gas smelling and scent control... Especially with bow. But I think the whole "gassing" comments and other elitism tossed around here is rediculous... I participate I many various forums and the vibe here tends to be hostile a lot. Just saying.

I think I'm gonna have to start starving myself for 2 days before the hunt so my bowels are empty... Keep all my clothes at the bottom of my stand.. Then when its time to go I'll drive naked. Walked the 2 miles in socks... Bury them 100 feet from the stand. Get dressed in my gear that's been sitting there for days. Then encase my body in a sterile vacume seal bag with nose and eye holes....

They'll never smell me.

Thanks for the laugh! :D

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2