Pro-Gun, Anti-NRA

I've never been accused of being Left...lol.

Some are so far on the right that anyone that is anywhere near the middle is left. They are so fixated on the fog line that they can't see the middle of the road.

I have veiws on both sides, so since I'm not 100% in lock step with extreme right views, some would call me leftist.

I'll say one thing, over the past several years the behavior of the extreme right has pushed me farther left & I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of moderates feel likewise.

Is that helping the cause?

Edited by wildcat junkie

I always thought open carry / concealed carry laws were specific to handguns.........and I'm not really sure it's a "law" in NY but more a restriction that's placed on your permit to carry one.

Indana's "unlimited" handgun permit used to "require" concealed carry. Unless it has changed, it still does.

Indiana is a very "conservative" culture too.

Indana's "unlimited" handgun permit used to "require" concealed carry. Unless it has changed, it still does.

Indiana is a very "conservative" culture too.

I was referring to NY and the fact that those terms are specific to handguns. I noticed some were saying they openly carry long guns, in general there is no restriction for that in NY.....unless you decide to take it to an extreme and create other problems by doing so.

• Like 1

I was referring to NY and the fact that those terms are specific to handguns. I noticed some were saying they openly carry long guns, in general there is no restriction for that in NY.....unless you decide to take it to an extreme and create other problems by doing so.

I know what you were referring to. I just wanted to add another perspective.

Some are so far on the right that anyone that is anywhere near the middle is left. they are so fixated onnthe fogb line thatbthey can't see the middle of the road.

I have veiws on both sides, so since I'm not 100% in lock step with extreme right views, some would call me leftist.

I'll say one thing, over the past several years the behavior of the extreme right has pushed me farther left & I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of moderates feel likewise.

Is that helping the cause?

Here is the problem for me. And this is ONLY my view. I believe there are steps that could be taken towards some measures that would be categorized and gun control . I think it could stop a few instances of violence,  but not many. I think background checks, even on private sales is not a bad thing. I would love to see a national permit system. (shall issue) with appropriate background checks and should be unrestricted. If I have that permit it IS my background check. I want a new rifle, scan the card and out the door, assuming it hasn't been revoked. Now comes the fly in the ointment. The gun control groups even our representatives have been vocal about their desire to have private ownership of guns done away with. yes they are probably the extreme fringe of that movement but they exist and get the ear and camera of the media. so let's all get on board with background checks. Give it to them. Lest even register every last firearm we all won, Give it to them. Give in to the evil feature test and ban standard capacity magazines. Let's give it all to them. Hell lets do one better. Let's outlaw all semiautomatic rifles, shotguns and pistols. They are now a felony. Turn them in or go to jail. That is giving them more than most publically want, right?

What is going to happen to the crime figures? number of murders? So as long as we are playing this game, what is the next step if they don't go down? Do you believe the gun control groups will say "Oh Well we tried"? They are incremental and have proven it. That is why I believe they (whoever they is) need to do this the right way. Modify the Constitution. they don't like the wording and don't like the interpretation of it. They believe it is outdated and wasn't meant to be applied as it is. Write it up and change it. There is a process and pandering to the screaming special interest groups isn't it.

Let me take a stab at it as long as I am dreaming.

"An armed citizenry, being necessary to the security of a free State, Formal training and possession of a firearm shall be required.”

• Like 2

Let me take a stab at it as long as I am dreaming.

"An armed citizenry, being necessary to the security of a free State, Formal training and possession of a firearm shall be required.”

Sounds like israel & leaving politics out of it, they are bad ass & there isn't a lot of crime among their citizenry.

Whatever it was, it did reflect on all of us in a not-too-helpful way. I don't see it as something that should be made illegal, but more like something where some good sense and thoughtfulness of others should be used. There are some places where if I saw that I would be ducking for cover assuming a mass shooting was about to commence ..... lol.

that was the only point i was trying to make. thanks.

where does it stop? Can I own and walk around with an RPG, armor piercing bullets, a tank? There needs to be "some control". Keep believing society can make its own decisions and you'll keep seeing crazy bastards ruin it for the rest of us.

I guess I've never understood open carry. So long as I can have my weapon, I feel no need to display it unless provoked.

Here again.. that is you.. you are not the whole... you not understanding something has nothing to do with it's importance to other law abiding gun owners... your personal comprehension, experience and positions say less about a pro gun stance than the pro-belo stance.

If society can't make it's own decisions, then who do you propose should make them? The Governor? The President? Legislative officials?? This is where your claim to be pro gun gets warped...you actually don't believe the people can or should have control over themselves when it comes to their 2nd amendment rights... I really want to hear who you think is the brilliant mind that should be in charge of making all the rules for society.. other than society itself? and why society, aka "the people", or in this case, the legal gun owners, are unable to decide what's best for their own freedom and safety...

You see, those so called pro gun... gun owners that couldn't get off there lazy asses and vote last November... probably would rather have someone else like government deciding their fate as well...

• Like 4

that was the only point i was trying to make. thanks.

Well, maybe it was the point you were trying to make, that's ok, and for that... you're welcome. But be sure not to miss the part where I said, "I don't see it as something that should be made illegal". I'm not sure where you stand on that point, but it may be an important distinction between where I stand on the issue and where you do. There are a lot of things that I think are bad ideas, but that do not rise to the level of requiring legal restrictions.

Here again.. that is you.. you are not the whole... you not understanding something has nothing to do with it's importance to other law abiding gun owners... your personal comprehension, experience and positions say less about a pro gun stance than the pro-belo stance.

If society can't make it's own decisions, then who do you propose should make them? The Governor? The President? Legislative officials?? This is where your claim to be pro gun gets warped...you actually don't believe the people can or should have control over themselves when it comes to their 2nd amendment rights... I really want to hear who you think is the brilliant mind that should be in charge of making all the rules for society.. other than society itself? and why society, aka "the people", or in this case, the legal gun owners, are unable to decide what's best for their own freedom and safety...

You see, those so called pro gun... gun owners that couldn't get off there lazy asses and vote last November... probably would rather have someone else like government deciding their fate as well...

Powerful stuff that deserves a second and third reading.

ummm Maybe you believe we live in some utopia where we can govern ourselves but we've proven otherwise. This doesn't just pertain to guns. The government gives us many freedoms and provides laws around them. You will not get out of paying taxes, you will need a license to drive a car, you will need a permit to build your house, you need to be a certain age to vote and a certain age to drink etc.

Providing some common sense laws around gun control are for the better good. I do not disagree with some form of universal background check. I do not agree you should be able to own an RPG or C4. I do not believe you should be able to mount an m40 to your hummer. I do not think open carry of long guns or pistols makes sense unless we're talking situations like hunting. If you walk into a store with your AR I'm probably pulling out my CC.

I do believe you should be able to own any gun and as many as you want, any amount of ammo and any amount of bullets in a magazine.

Once again we have 2 sides not willing to compromise for fear of giving an inch. A fear I understand. Sorry for putting a little common sense out there.

Belo - this might help you

the government gives us no rights, our creator does.  we allow the government to pass laws with the consent of the govened...there are few historic documents you might want to reread....

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

• Like 1

well i've said my peace. I feel how I do. I vote and try to spread my views to others. I try to bring in new hunters and introduce others to guns. That's the most I can do. At the end of the day I have a family of 4 to look after and I'm not getting locked up in protest.

Do you think taking an active roll even participating in protests would put you family at risk?

Belo - this might help you

the government gives us no rights, our creator does.  we allow the government to pass laws with the consent of the govened...there are few historic documents you might want to reread....

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

who is this "Creator" anyway?

It was when I offered to shoot a deer that had been hit. Officer said yes and asked to see my permit, etc. Asking to see your permit is less likely now with CC, but if you are openly carrying, and they just say hey, I just want to make sure you have a permit for that, why would that be different than an officer asking to see your permit now when they find out you are carrying?

It was when I offered to shoot a deer that had been hit. Officer said yes and asked to see my permit, etc. Asking to see your permit is less likely now with CC, but if you are openly carrying, and they just say hey, I just want to make sure you have a permit for that, why would that be different than an officer asking to see your permit now when they find out you are carrying?

Would have to look into it. I am not sure an officer could pull you over and just ask to see your drivers license without justification.

Do you think taking an active roll even participating in protests would put you family at risk?

I've never been nothing but honest with this place so I will say it and take the beating. I don't have the time. 2 little kids and a full time job. I'm spending my free time with them or doing something I like. I am not taking my kid to any sort of rally of any kind. And in addition if by protesting through disobedience than yes I am risking going to jail.

I already know the list of responses

"you're not worried now, but they will come for your long guns and pistols next if you don't act now"

"confiscation starts with restriction"

"you're a bad gun owner"

etc.

Listen, I've done more than most. I took a lot of my tax money and left the state. I support the NRA. I vote pro-gun. I own guns. I'm done with it at that.

When I read the constitution I believe the intent is that the government does not stop me from pursuing happiness. Some can argue that the SAFE act does this very thing and I agree. I am not arguing the SAFE Act. I'm arguing open carry and just being silly. How does not bringing your AR into target prevent you from being happy? A .45 on your hip under your jacket isn't enough?

Edited by Belo

I've never been nothing but honest with this place so I will say it and take the beating. I don't have the time. 2 little kids and a full time job. I'm spending my free time with them or doing something I like. I am not taking my kid to any sort of rally of any kind. And in addition if by protesting through disobedience than yes I am risking going to jail.

I already know the list of responses

"you're not worried now, but they will come for your long guns and pistols next if you don't act now"

"confiscation starts with restriction"

"you're a bad gun owner"

etc.

Listen, I've done more than most. I took a lot of my tax money and left the state. I support the NRA. I vote pro-gun. I own guns. I'm done with it at that.

When I read the constitution I believe the intent is that the government does not stop me from pursuing happiness. Some can argue that the SAFE act does this very thing and I agree. I am not arguing the SAFE Act. I'm arguing open carry and just being silly. How does not bringing your AR into target prevent you from being happy? A .45 on your hip under your jacket isn't enough?

Really wasn't busting you chops. I had a little one too and worked out of town. Time is at a premium. I can understand not having the time to take part but I don't understand it when the protests are talked down. It was a protest. it wasn't some random people strolling through Target. And even though a random stroll wouldn't be illegal I also don't think it would be a very good idea. As part of a demonstration I don't have an issue.