Marion Cuomo Dead @ 82

Grampy, pay no attention to those guys.  They can't understand why you weren't able to live in a taxpayer funded mansion, all expenses paid for your whole family, while giving all your kids a free (taxpayer) college education and then getting one the governor's office and another one a cushy gig on ABC TV.

All while doing tremendous damage to individual liberty and freedom for everyone else in the state.

Every man dies.  Not every man gets to do so much harm to others while alive.

If you didn't have anything good to say about the man when he lived, saying anything good about him now means you're a hypocrite.

• Like 1

Mario - whatever you thought of him - was one of the smartest people I ever had the pleasure to talk to. I would probably say the same thing about Antonin Scalia.

Could you imagine if Mario got appointed to the supreme court and served alongside Scalia??  Man, two Italians from different sides of the political spectrum on the same bench!!  It would have been dangerous to be in a room with them.  You could have lost an eye or something if you were close enough to them with all the hand gesturing those two would be doing while arguing with each other!! Mannaggia!! LOL

Edited by steve863

I'm not saying anybody should be in tears. I don't agree with him or his son's politics, but the guy died. He's someone's dad, husband and grandfather. Give it a break for a day.

I tend to say exactly what I feel whether it is politically correct or not. I didn't like the guy when he was alive and in a position to undermine our state government, nothing happened after he was out of office that changed my thoughts about him, and now that he is gone, as we all will be someday, it is not now time to become some kind of hypocrite and pretend to have fond memories of him now. And by the way, my attitude toward Andy won't be changing the day he leaves this earth either, and I likely will not be saying anything pleasant about him either.

• Like 4

You can learn something from anyone if you don't automatically put them in a box.  I have learned much from people I disagree with, often surprising things, sometimes that they are exactly what they seem.

For a politician, Mario had a lot of integrity.

I have zero problem with a person hating another in life or death, but to blame another person, like a politician, for preventing you from being a better husband, father or grandfather is disgusting....that responsibility falls squarely on the shoulders of one person.

• Like 5

I could have been a better husband,father and grandfather too, if the Cuomo clan had allowed me to keep more of my hard earned pay.

If you were unhappy about your financial situation , you should have made changes. Here's a just a few of many changes you could have made:

Looked for a better job

Cut back on your expenses

Got a 2nd or 3rd job

Spent more time with your family instead of this hunting forum

Point is, we all legally have to pay taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems some folks don't comprehend the English language, or intentionally mangle the interpretation of the message that is written.  

The man never said he wasn't a good husband, father or grandfather.  Nor did he say he didn't do his best, or strive to excel.  

What he said was, he could have been a BETTER one, financially, as a provider, if he hadn't been hamstrung by an elected official who was more interested in taking from productive citizens, than he was in helping them.

Maybe speaking the truth about the liberal progressive agenda is what really disgusts some people.

• Like 1

Seems some folks don't comprehend the English language, or intentionally mangle the interpretation of the message that is written.  

The man never said he wasn't a good husband, father or grandfather.  Nor did he say he didn't do his best, or strive to excel.  

What he said was, he could have been a BETTER one, financially, as a provider, if he hadn't been hamstrung by an elected official who was more interested in taking from productive citizens, than he was in helping them.

Maybe speaking the truth about the liberal progressive agenda is what really disgusts some people.

all a man needs to worry about is being the best he could have been with what he was given...if he did all he said he did with what he had to work with, then he did his job....no need to blame anyone or apologize for anything.

I have zero problem with a person hating another in life or death, but to blame another person, like a politician, for preventing you from being a better husband, father or grandfather is disgusting....that responsibility falls squarely on the shoulders of one person.

I have zero problem with you or any one else that finds me "disgusting" for not liking the idiotic spending policies of Cuomo and like minded politicians, who I believe put a undo burden on hard working people. You can sing their praises, get in step and keep voting them in, but it doesn't mean I have to like it and get in step with you. You are entitled to you opinions and I mine. And over a cold beer we may even find some common ground. And not that it matters to you or anyone else, my family would be the first to say that I've bared my responsibilitys to them quite well on my shoulders. That's all that matters to me.

If you were unhappy about your financial situation , you should have made changes. Here's a just a few of many changes you could have made:

Looked for a better job

Cut back on your expenses

Got a 2nd or 3rd job

Spent more time with your family instead of this hunting forum

Point is, we all legally have to pay taxes.

LMAO!

I never said I was unhappy about anything. My family and I are quite happy thank you. I did make a statement about not liking the free spending policies of certain elected officials that hurt WORKING people. And by the way my financial situation is just fine by me and my family because I WORKED hard to get what I have. I had nothing GIVEN to me. So, I don't think I really need any advice to better myself from some rich city kid. But thanks anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So sorry that you just don't get it. Perhaps some day when you take off the rose colored glasses that you see the world through, you just might understand. Untill then, maybe you can find something better to do with your time than trying to bully people on a hunting forum. Have a good night sir.

The media is making a big issue about Cuomo's DNC speech.  It was a Progressive's dream in a nutshell.

In the interest of equal time, I think it only fair to give a nod to this speech too.  A real American's dream speech.

http://dailysignal.com/2014/10/27/watch-one-greatest-political-speeches-us-history/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

• Like 1

Really,maybe I should not have busted my my a$$ all these years,putting kids through college,paying off a mortgage and trying to provide the best life I could for my family. The foundation of my family has and always will be built on love,caring and being there for each other.Weather times are good or bad. But you still need money to survive! Maybe I just should have lived off the scraps,handouts and public assistance that the Cuomo"s and other politicians like them handed out,and just not have give a darn. Really,this would have made me a better family man? If so,I'm glad I don't live in your family.

What are you smoking? I don't agree with his politics either, but I'll never claim I could be any better of a person with more money. Life could be easier sure but it does not make anyone with more money any better than someone with less. I work very hard and would appreciate it if you leave my family out of this discussion, I have not brought in yours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have zero problem with you or any one else that finds me "disgusting" for not liking the idiotic spending policies of Cuomo and like minded politicians, who I believe put a undo burden on hard working people. You can sing their praises, get in step and keep voting them in, but it doesn't mean I have to like it and get in step with you. You are entitled to you opinions and I mine. And over a cold beer we may even find some common ground. And not that it matters to you or anyone else, my family would be the first to say that I've bared my responsibilitys to them quite well on my shoulders. That's all that matters to me.

Nobody but a few are singing his praises, nobody but a few are in favor of his politics. Most of us are fiscally conservative. Nobody said you were a bad father. Most of us don't like liberal taxes and their gun control.

What we're trying to say is that it's amazing what people behind a keyboard will say about someone who just died without ever meeting them. If you're truly happy he is dead than I feel sorry for you. I'm not super religious but I try not to find happiness in the hurt and pain of others even if they do in mine. That's not how I was raised. Be the better man. Be the best parent and husband you can with what you have and work hard to do more.

I'm fortunate to have a nice job. But I can honestly say of all the toys I've bought my 2 year old, none of them hold a candle to him and I playing in the yard, in the sprinkler, reading books or playing hide and seek. It's nice that I can afford an iPad and video monitor to help give us a break, but I do not NEED these things. We didn't NEED the $1200 crib and all the other crap. They're just "nice to have". We are not better parents for them.

Do you think a kid would rather have the newest Jordan's to play ball in or would he rather his dad play pig with him after work? 95 out of 100 kids would pick the game of pig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3