Winter Storm Coming...Be Safe Out There!!

letinmfly

They just updated the predicted snowfall amounts and as of now they're saying 20-30" for western LI and 24-36'' for eastern LI.  Wind gusts are going to be between 65-80mph.  Of course these numbers could change and lets hope for the better.

The 12" they were talking about this morning sure is a welcome number right now!!

Everyone in the path of this storm be careful and be safe!! 

• Like 4

LOL!  I love these winter storm forecasts.  They scare the hell out of people, who run to the super market and clear out the store's shelves, as if they will be snowed in for a month.

Snowstorms are like a woman's perception of sex.  She never knows how long it will last or how many inches she'll get.  But it's rarely what is promised.

:D

• Like 5

LOL!  I love these winter storm forecasts.  They scare the hell out of people, who run to the super market and clear out the store's shelves, as if they will be snowed in for a month.

Snowstorms are like a woman's perception of sex.  She never knows how long it will last or how many inches she'll get.  But it's rarely what is promised.

HAHAHHAHAHAAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I was just out.......cars lined up at the gas stations and supermarkets packed, people are in full panic mode.

• Like 1

I saw the same thing. Gas stations have lines and the super market is crazy. 2 feet of snow will suck, no way around that. I will be leaving the city early tomorrow. Last thing I want is to get stranded on the LIRR. 

Wednesday may be a good day to get back out for deer after the storm....

Love the snow but like Greg53 said...keep if over your way...this winter has played havoc on Western NY and now that the snow machine Lake Erie has mostly closed up we can relax a little. 

Just stay safe and my one major recommendation is to slowly chop away at the falling snow in your driveway....don't wait till it piles up over 5 feet and then decide to go out and snow blow....that absolutely crippled people who went that route in WNY during Novemeber