Tim McGraw to Headline Anti-Gun Concert in Connecticut

If the Government wants paperwork on sales or transfers, it is their cost. Not paid by the firearm purchaser or seller. We don't charge for the expense to exercise our right to vote. It is born by the nation as a whole. Should be the same here.

The "government" is the taxpayer. Why should everyone pay for a background check through taxes?

FYI, voter ID cards are not "free". Many states are requiring significant fees for the voter ID.

The "government" is the taxpayer. Why should everyone pay for a background check through taxes?

FYI, voter ID cards are not "free". Many states are requiring significant fees for the voter ID.

. ID cards to prove identity to own a gun are the same for those states requiring them to prove ID to vote. The actual cost to regulate and implement the election and voting process is a cost covered by the government. Just as it should be to implement as regulate this if they must have it. If it is truly benefiting all the citizenry then it should be born by all. No? If they really want it then lay out the program and put it through the proper process to change the Constitution. Wouldn't that be appropriate?

Since it appears that country music fans will not stop until they lynch Tim McGraw over this issue, I wonder why they haven't strung Willie Nelson up over his comments on guns?  Maybe because he's 80 years old and are willing to cut him some slack??  I think Willie has always been a liberal minded guy.  Hell, even VJP of all people was feeling bummed out when rumors of Willie's death were spreading around a week or so ago!   Did he have Willie pictured all wrong?? Maybe he'll change his mind after seeing this video.  LOL

http://huntingny.com/forums/topic/27329-rip-willie-nelson/?hl=%2Bwillie+%2Bnelson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT6IyqfM85U

• Like 1

Since it appears that country music fans will not stop until they lynch Tim McGraw over this issue, I wonder why they haven't strung Willie Nelson up over his comments on guns?  Maybe because he's 80 years old and are willing to cut him some slack??  I think Willie has always been a liberal minded guy.  Hell, even VJP of all people was feeling bummed out when rumors of Willie's death were spreading around a week or so ago!   Did he have Willie pictured all wrong?? Maybe he'll change his mind after seeing this video.  LOL

http://huntingny.com/forums/topic/27329-rip-willie-nelson/?hl=%2Bwillie+%2Bnelson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT6IyqfM85U

He is stoned 24/7, probably doesn't remember a word she says...lol

I didn't think being stoned was a good enough excuse when it comes to being anti-gun?  Hell, some have accused Obama of using cocaine and Clinton of smoking weed, yet you guys don't cut them any slack??  And then the same people try to convince me how great a person Ted Nugent is since he always speaks for the gun cause.  Like he hasn't had a few brain cells fried by drugs along the way?  LOL  

• Like 1

Certain levels of consideration have to be made for that many decades of soaking one's brain in whisky and every kind of drug imaginable. I just look closely at the kind of people that the Libs attract and all it does is firm up any opinions of what they are all about. Nelson is a prime example. These kinds of opinions from a guy who has spent more of his life stoned than not, are not really all that surprising. Why would anyone expect anything else.

I didn't think being stoned was a good enough excuse when it comes to being anti-gun?  Hell, some have accused Obama of using cocaine and Clinton of smoking weed, yet you guys don't cut them any slack??  And then the same people try to convince me how great a person Ted Nugent is since he always speaks for the gun cause.  Like he hasn't had a few brain cells fried by drugs along the way?  LOL  

I think Willie is a unique case though. He hasn't been sober since about '63 :rolleyes:

Certain levels of consideration have to be made for that many decades of soaking one's brain in whisky and every kind of drug imaginable. I just look closely at the kind of people that the Libs attract and all it does is firm up any opinions of what they are all about. Nelson is a prime example. These kinds of opinions from a guy who has spent more of his life stoned than not, are not really all that surprising. Why would anyone expect anything else.

Hillarious how you guys try to justify things.  What about all the other gun supporting country or rock musicians out there?  Have they all been sober and drug free?  Ted Nugent anyone??   Maybe their brains got fried in the opposite direction from Willie's??

Hillarious how you guys try to justify things. What about all the other gun supporting country or rock musicians out there? Have they all been sober and drug free? Ted Nugent anyone?? Maybe their brains got fried in the opposite direction from Willie's??

Actually the "Nuge" isn't a stoner, druggie or juicer.

Those facts clearly point to mental illness.

But they all came about because of poor decisions made by stupid people. I'd like to prevent that, and I don't want to prevent it by limiting what type of firearm I can own. It's no different than antler restrictions. Seems many favor education over law. Why can't we as a gun community promote education?

The problem is that "you can't fix stupid." Put another way, when something is made idiot-proof, they simply invent a better idiot.

Favor education over law? I agree completely. Many in the gun community promote "education." Everyone I know who owns/uses guns preaches and practices gun safety.

Groups like the one being discussed want to make this "education" mandatory - i.e. law. Their end game is elimination of guns. They get there by pushing for mandatory "education" and "safety" measures, hiding behind a "it's for the kids" mantra. They get that and then push for more. Didn't CT enact stricter laws after Sandy Hook? They got that and are now pushing the goal post further down the field. They are playing a game of inches.

Make a "common sense" gun law... there is still an idiot (or criminal) who will circumvent that law. So they make more laws, which some idiot circumvents, so they make more laws, ad infinitum. It is a never ending circle which helps no one and only serves to erode the rights of the 99.999% gun owners who ARE responsible.

If the same type of "common sense" lawmaking was applied to automobiles, they would all be outlawed. At the very least, we would be driving in large inflated safety balloons that could not exceed 5mph.

There is no such thing as "gun violence." People commit violent acts. Inanimate objects do not. Once you fall to the logical fallacy of "gun violence," the only complete solution is the elimination of all guns.

• Like 3

I think Willie is a unique case though. He hasn't been sober since about '63 :rolleyes:

Actors, musicians, celebrities... I wonder why anyone cares about their opinion. What makes them qualified to speak out on ANY issue?

I am willing to bet that many of these people can barely pass a literacy exam. Those that could are either so burned out on drug/booze or live a life so far removed from reality that they have no clue what it is like to live in the real world.

There is something very wrong with our country that a vote could be swayed by which candidate some mediocre musician or actor likes.

• Like 3

The goverment and all these Anti-gun people just keep pushing that guns are evil. Just look at what has happened in the last 20-30 years about pushing the fear of guns on people. I remember having my guns in my truck in a gun rack in the back window. This was in the late 80's. Now if I had a gun in my truck just on school grounds, what would happen to me? These anti's are putting fear in their kids head, and making them afraid of guns.

The goverment and all these Anti-gun people just keep pushing that guns are evil. Just look at what has happened in the last 20-30 years about pushing the fear of guns on people. I remember having my guns in my truck in a gun rack in the back window. This was in the late 80's. Now if I had a gun in my truck just on school grounds, what would happen to me? These anti's are putting fear in their kids head, and making them afraid of guns.

Your theory seems a tad... oversimplified. 

Hillarious how you guys try to justify things.  What about all the other gun supporting country or rock musicians out there?  Have they all been sober and drug free?  Ted Nugent anyone??   Maybe their brains got fried in the opposite direction from Willie's??

Look, Nelson has never denied that his entire lifestyle has been ruled by the bottle and drugs. And this is the guy you choose to be your liberal champion spokesman. Frankly, I believe you probably have selected a proper spokesman.

Look, Nelson has never denied that his entire lifestyle has been ruled by the bottle and drugs. And this is the guy you choose to be your liberal champion spokesman. Frankly, I believe you probably have selected a proper spokesman.

It's true.  All liberals imbibe copious amounts of illicit drugs daily. 

Breakfast:  Wake and Bake

Lunch: Drop acid (that's what that song "Afternoon Delight" was all about man!)

Dinner:  3 lines of coke with a gallon of Thunderbird to take the edge off and finally a good ole bottle of Nyquil to put 'em down

It's a wonder anyone who votes Democrat is even alive.

They get there by pushing for mandatory "education" and "safety" measures, hiding behind a "it's for the kids" mantra. They get that and then push for more. Didn't CT enact stricter laws after Sandy Hook? They got that and are now pushing the goal post further down the field.

The only people that gain anything from these horrific senseless tragedies are the anti-gun crowd. They have become expert at exploitation of gun tragedies.

• Like 1