What a great day!!!!

MACHINIST

Man one of the best days I have had in the woods to date!!! It all started at 4am this morning when my friend charlie meet me at my house to head to my property.We got out there and go set up on either side of the ridge.When the woods started to wake up we had gobbles all around us from 100 yards to 400 yards.After about 15 mins I heard a bunch start flying down .I was facing the north and had a swamp to my west that isnt really deep but they dont like to cross it.The other side was 85 yards and deosnt the Tom strut right past on that side to use the high spot right behind me.I couldnt move or he would have saw me and if he went about another 100 yards he would walk into the barrel of my friends shotgun.Well I am totally expecting to here BOOM when I hear spitting and drumming right behind me at 10 yards!!! He strutted back and fourth for 20 mins while my friend was watchin and thinking WTF is he doing shoot already.He went down towards the swamp shere my friend couldnt see him and the damn bird does the same damn thing to him that he did to me only at 20 yards behind some small pine trees.After the tom left we regrouped on another tom that had hens in the field,we set up on them and the tom answered my calls by cutting me off for a half hour np tmoving other than strutting back and fourth on a hill in the field dancing for his harem.I decided to make a move to the north to a logging road that they usually go through later in the afternoons so I thought its worth a try at 8 am.We got set up and I started calling and immidiatly had him answer along with another tom to the east.After 5 mins I knew the tom to the west was coming in.I couldnt let out one sound without him cutting me off so I stopped calling.Thats when I saw him strutting through the woods at 100 yards coming towards us in a "S" formation.He was heading right towards me till he got to a few downed tree so he turned north to go around them.BIG MISTAKE!!! My friend dropped him at 45 yards.1 inch spurs 22 pounds and a 10 inch beard

C%20TURKEY%205-2-15_zpsq4kbhldw.jpg

So when I start giving high fives and congrats to my friend he says hey look what I sat on when we came here!!!

SHED%205-2-15_zpsnusm3xqx.jpg

Then I get a call from my friend that he killed his first bird.Did it all by himself also.20 pounds 3/4 spurs and a 8 1/2 inch beard

Heres a pic of both hunters

DOUBLE%205-2-15_zpswlyfqymj.jpg

So his wife yelled at him not to get the new car all bloody,he had to drive home like this!!LOL

CLEAN%20CAR_zpskw1goznx.jpg

• Like 14