1st Crossbow victim

Mike DBH

Got on this huge group of birds before fly down time. The live hens didnt seem to interest the 3 gobblers as much as my calls and the hens actually followed them to my position which led me to believe most breeding has already occurred?? when the biggest one stepped into the 30yds zone I let him have a shwacker tipped arrow. He went 10yds and died with very little blood loss despite the huge holes the arrow left in and out at the base of the wings.

Im guessing over 20lbs 10"beard 1"spur . Nice redemption after missing on May 2nd

Carbon Express- Intercept Supercoil 175#

Executioner arrows/Shwacker 100gr  (425gr TAW)

HS strut diaprham

post-26-0-79216400-1431119400_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike DBH
  • Like 10

Good going Mike! Glad you poked his azz!

I was wondering who was gonna be the first to tag an x-bow gobbler, but I sure as hell knew it wouldn't be me until I get the gun gobbler under my belt this year.

Congrats to ya, and good luck with bird  #2 with your weapon of choice of course! :dwarf:

• Like 1

Good going Mike! Glad you poked his azz!

I was wondering who was gonna be the first to tag an x-bow gobbler, but I sure as hell knew it wouldn't be me until I get the gun gobbler under my belt this year.

Congrats to ya, and good luck with bird  #2 with your weapon of choice of course! :dwarf:

Thank you sir ! Think Ill let #2 go till the fall, need more fishing and reloading time> Good luck all

post-26-0-59898800-1431303980_thumb.jpgpost-26-0-82256600-1431304056_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...