How are your gardens doing ?

fasteddie

It's rough here right now...beans looked great then stems rotted...tomatoes had some wind damage but survived and have flowers on some. Corn is coming up as well as the pumpkins,  peas were great but this rain and wind could change that...great beets and carrot growth but eggplants and peppers have stopped growing. Wet and cold here...All brassica,cabbage, brussels and the broccoli are Happy happy.

It's rough here right now...beans looked great then stems rotted...tomatoes had some wind damage but survived and have flowers on some. Corn is coming up as well as the pumpkins,  peas were great but this rain and wind could change that...great beets and carrot growth but eggplants and peppers have stopped growing. Wet and cold here...All brassica,cabbage, brussels and the broccoli are Happy happy.

Kinda the same weather down this way cool and has been very wet/windy past week or so.If this weather patern continues we will have snow by the end of September early October

I don't do a lot of gardening, just 3 raised beds( two 4x8 and one 3x3)..

Everything I have in is doing well, however..My garlic is ready to harvest. I must get it dug within the next few days. Tomatos are coming along, plenty of blossoms and some small fruit, none big enough to fry yet..

I have been cutting and eating swiss chard for three weeks... My bush cukes are doing well, lots of blossoms.

The zuchinni is not blossomed yet, but the plants are growing well. I got them in a little late, but soon I'll have more zuchs than I know what to do with.

I am STRUGGLING with my cukes. No idea why. I don't have a huge garden, but planted four and all four died. Had a handful more that I had seeded and only one of the three looks like it'll make it and it's not as good as I would like it to be. Its got to be soil based or something as the plants were transplanted into the same spots. My tomato plants are 5-7 feet away and doing OK and usually they'll suffer from similar maladies if the cukes get an issue, but it's not the case. Two different varieties, too. 

Peas pods are coming in and probably will have a few peas to pick soon. They never make it inside though...just eat them while checking on the garden, lol.  Peppers have flowered and looking OK and are probably slow growing with the cooler temps. Beans are doing OK.

There's a man after my own heart...Nothing I like better than picking peas off the vine, shucking them and eating them right in the garden..I also like raw green beans and I have been known to pick a pepper ( sweet) off the bush and eat it like an apple...

• Like 1