Federal Fusion in 7mm/08

grampy

I recently picked up a couple of boxes of the Federal Fusion in 140 gr. for my 7mm/08. Got a deal on them for $50 on two boxes. I will get out to shoot them this weekend, and was wondering if anyone out there has used them and if they will perform well on deer from 20 out to 250 yards. 

• Like 1

You are right of course! I'll find out this weekend, how my gun likes them. It shoots the Nosler BT's very well. And most likely I'll hunt with them this season. So if anything, I will have fun shooting the fusions this weekend. Can never have too much trigger time!

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

Fusion has always been middle of the road for me with my guns. Not great, not horrible. To be honest, their sabot slugs are cheaper and I buy them to get on paper before moving to the more expensive Remingtons. The don't group well enough and I get jams on them in my H&R Ultra Slug. Their rifle rounds seem well built with the typical Federal quality.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I use fusions in my Savage .243 and Remington .270. Most consistently accurate stuff I've tried on those two guns although admittedly I haven't tried everything.

I picked up a 7mm-08 a couple of months ago but haven't found any fusions for that on the shelf yet, but I'm hoping for the same results.

I use fusions in my Savage .243 and Remington .270. Most consistently accurate stuff I've tried on those two guns although admittedly I haven't tried everything.

I picked up a 7mm-08 a couple of months ago but haven't found any fusions for that on the shelf yet, but I'm hoping for the same results.

I'll keep my eyes open for some on the shelves locally, Jerry.

Meanwhile, have you thought about having one of the local dealers order you a box or two ? I'm thinking maybe Bullseye in Gang Mills, Gunz_N Gear in Addison or the shop on 333 up near Risingville..

• 2 weeks later...