LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

All these shots I heard were these two hunters using pistols trying to kick deer up.. Took a ride around to see what was going on and seen them, all that shooting and they didn't have anything. Seen nothing today going to try a Hail Mary tomorrow morning in a different spot. Seen a fresh scrape and an old scrape at this spot.

I'm on baby duty til 10 then I'll try to make something happen. I see I'm not the only one having a crappy season, although I do enjoy every hunt.

In the 19 years that I've been hunting big game, this one just might go down in the books as the first year I didn't get any deer( I usually get at least 2-4). I'm loving being a dad to my 11 month old who is #1 above all else, so it goes without saying that my hunting time has taken a drastic cut. Also, taking a new job and moving 2 1/2 hours away in the middle of October didn't help the hunting situation since all I have to hunt up here is state land which I've had to scout-as-I-go. Wegmans might see me in the meat department more than I'd like to be!! Lol

But that said, all is well on the home front and I'll be out there today at the closing bell with my rifle in hand. What more could a guy ask for!

Let the guns sing today New York!!!!

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Edited by PREDATE
  • Like 3

Lots of nearby shots this morning, same thing last night ! Has to brake for deer on drive as well.

Sipping coffee out of my Yedi in a blind I have not used yet. Turkey's making noise here too. Really here to pull this blind ,a stand , and camera.

48 here in 7m

Had a 4 pointer cut in front of me outa one of my spots as I passed on the way south this morn. Saw a couple more standing off the side of 81. Was hoping it was a sign I might see something moving this morn but not yet!

All I have seen is a red squirrel and a jogger

The squirrel was too small and the jogger too fast!

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 3