LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

42 here and wind finally stopped. Some weather supposed to hit us around 4-5 so hoping they get moving before then. I know there's a biggin in here somewhere!

One doe less though, lying on side road couple hundred yards down from where I park.

31 with real feel of 21.

Think I just heard a howitzer or Patton tank touch one off

• Like 1

Just in. Had a doe come tearing past me at 50 yards. Didn't appear to be anything in pursuit. Not that I could see anyway. A flurry of desperation gunfire at 5pm as I was walking in.

Snow tracks seem to indicate BigBoy survived yesterday. Let's see if he turns up on cam during the coming week.

All in all, a somewhat quiet opener in 9H. 

Edited by Papist

I would agree that the last two winters have had sumthing to do with it. But I have seen a bunch during bow season. I also did a few spot lighting trips a few wks back. Deer everywhere. Its hard to say. I can tell u this has been a bad season. Even during bow. I think the trickle rut the warm weather has sumthing to do with it also. I can tell u that my trail cams took lots of pics of many doe and fawns that made it threw the winter. But Mother Nature is not very nice. That's a horrible death. Thanks for the vid tho