LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Sad. Great spot since 1993 has been worse n worse each year the last few years since some guy moved in near where we hunt and has 3 huge dogs that go crazy barking every single day. Deer just continue to stay out of where hunt and we can't hunt the surrounding oroperties. My dad is thinking about going 80s style and driving 2 hours each way to margaretville each day to hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't your dad just secure some private land?

Well...missed the morning hunt and gonna be heading out here soon for the afternoon hunt. My little honey hole has really let me down this year. I've never seen so little deer movement, my cams have been dead for two weeks. It's like they all packed up and moved...weird. OK rant over...I still love getting out, beats working any day!

Finally got back from Alaska yesterday afternoon. Went out for afternoon sit for first time in two years. Saw nothing! The young guy/neighbor/friend who looks after my property here while I'm gone took a real nice buck from one of my stands I told him to use. It's the second year in a row for him to take  nice big buck from the same stand. He is happy as heck, and I'm happy for him. I'll post a pic later. Heard some real close shots today, maybe even a little too close really, but I saw zero again this morning.

Have to run for some tire sealer for the wheeler, and then back at it! Good luck all. Stay safe!

Well nothing while on stand but holy cow they were lighting things up down the hill and over the road from me...then... :sorry: I was the cause of a 4pt's demise...I was walking back and took a trail behind one of the blinds....I had cut a whole bunch of poplar but nothing ever bedded in it...well until...I walk right past and then turned up another trail and he popped up and ran toward where I had just been through...next thing I know out pops a button buck as well...

Well not 2mins later from the guy that borders behind us  Bam,Bam,Bam,Bam, Bam!!!!..I though really I knew he was small but...then 5 mins after that...Bam!...So apparently small than I thought..hahaha poor little guy...Geez I was 10 ft past them already...he could have just stayed put.....

Snowing pretty good and I thinkone of the lease guys have left...had 4 wheeler on trailer..one down...I hate to say this but....well not really....I hope a whole lot of young bucks have hit dirt these last two days...way more shooting than usual...I really hope to see at least one of the big boys on their feet this coming week....Though we are due for a warm up again and Wednesday I have pies to bake and veggies to cut dips to make for Turkey day..

Didn't your dad just secure some private land?

Contracts signed but hasn't closed because title won't show exact acreage unless a survey is done. So looks like the seller will have to pay for this or my Dad can get out of the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk