Packing out deer...

deerpassion

The only term I know for "Pack-Out" is gutted, skinned, boned ( some times ), and quartered. Never heard of 'gutless' before.

Basically skinned and quartered and then reach in by last ribs for tenderloins, game bags, and on your back ... Never have to touch the cavity.... You tube raptor razor and he demonstrates the gutless meathod with the tool...,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switching to the gutless method this year as I have no where to hang a deer and picked up the raptor razor big game skinner... Oh u don't know? Check it out!

Anyhoo, anyone else packed out deer know if we have to leave proof of sex attached ?

The only term I know for "Pack-Out" is gutted, skinned, boned ( some times ), and quartered. Never heard of 'gutless' before. 

Basically skinned and quartered and then reach in by last ribs for tenderloins, game bags, and on your back ... Never have to touch the cavity.... You tube raptor razor and he demonstrates the gutless meathod with the tool...,

If you have all the answers, then why are you asking?

I guess You Tube and Google have answered your questions. 

Switching to the gutless method this year as I have no where to hang a deer and picked up the raptor razor big game skinner... Oh u don't know? Check it out!

Anyhoo, anyone else packed out deer know if we have to leave proof of sex attached ?

I do gutless and have packed a few....

I do leave sex proof attached by keeping a flap of hide on one of the rear quarters. Skin around that first and then cut down through the hip joint.

Found that field boning rears makes them harder to carry for me, so I leave one with some hide on the inside.

No, Rob.....

The question was " Are you required to leave proof of sex attached ?"

Some areas where I have hunted and it is general practice to butcher game in the field and pack it out, it IS required to leave proof of sex "naturally attached"..

As an example, your bull elk may be totally skinned, quartered and in meat bags, but you have to leave a strip of skin containing the scrotum and testicles attached to one hind quarter.

Edited by Pygmy

I do gutless and have packed a few....

I do leave sex proof attached by keeping a flap of hide on one of the rear quarters. Skin around that first and then cut down through the hip joint.

Found that field boning rears makes them harder to carry for me, so I leave one with some hide on the inside.

Thanks ! I'm just going to leave bone in all quarters....

No, Rob.....

The question was " Are you required to leave proof of sex attached ?"

Some areas where I have hunted and it is general practice to butcher game in the field and pack it out, it IS required to leave proof of sex "naturally attached"..

As an example, your bull elk may be totally skinned, quartered and in meat bags, but you have to leave a strip of skin containing the scrotum and testicles attached to one hind quarter.

Thanks Pygmy , I have packed out elk before , big job !!! That's why I was curious whether NY had any regs on this matter...

you're supposed to leave proof of sex but nobody does that i know of.  usually it's dragging out the whole and gutted deer, so that's proof of sex.  you've got to check as some public lands might not permit you to leave the deer carcass.  you might have to check on that.